excelsiuss
RCC Contributor

I am: Peter M
Radio of choice:
JR12X
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 2
behotech brakes staying on

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a set of behotech struts/wheels/brakes on my sprint.

The brakes are coming on and staying on. This is not a radio or servo adjustment problem. The inner O ring is pushing like it supposed to when applied, but it is not returning all the way and the brakes stay on. When I pull on the tire I can feel a small click and then the wheel spins freely again. I see there are long 2mm grub screws.. What are they for?

Can someone please help and maybe even direct me to a service manual.

Thanks!
excelsiuss is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
excelsiuss
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR12X

Re: behotech brakes staying on

From my examination thus far, I can see that the O ring is over extending itself and not returning to the neutral position. It is not your traditional o ring and it has a groove in the O ring reciever/mount. When I pull back on the tire the Click sound is the O ring returning to the groove.

Solution.. The bushing that keeps the wheel from rubbing on the O ring retainer was shortened by 1mm,(its about 1.2mm to long) so that now the o ring does not need to reach as far. There is part B of a problem as well. The air system is so good that the air cannot escape fast enough and thus keeps the O ring pressurized. I will need to instal a bleed off to quicken this. Its a single tank on a behotech valve.. so the brakes will only loose/use air when in the brake position. Call me crazy lol but for the time being I put a tiny hole in both brake lines close to the wheels. It seems to be working
Old 09-20-2016, 10:27 PM   #3
Peter A
RCC Contributor

I am: Peter A

Total Props: 0

I do not know why you are re-designing something that is already an excellent design. There is nothing wrong with the Behotec brakes. There is a 5.5mm spacer needed between the brake and the wheel to keep the proper amount of spacing, it needs no lengthening or shortening. Also the brakes have two ways of keeping them in place, either a set screw to clamp the brake to the axle or leave them free to partially rotate and the worm screw stops them from spinning.
Also if your rubber o ring is sticking or over extending, it most likely needs to be replaced. Just like your car brakes, things do wear out in the hobby products.
No need to drill holes in lines, you just need to properly maintain them, keep them clean and replace bad parts as needed.
Peter A is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:21 AM   #4
excelsiuss
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR12X

Thanks for the reply Pete. But I needed them to be working NOW!(and now they do ) Time is not a luxury to me.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Jsp
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Jason P
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 Green

Total Props: 5

Sounds like you possibly need to greese your brakes.

I've had problems like this before. And you just need to greese the heck out of the prints and drums.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.