What I got..... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
What I got.....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok over the last month I posted about thoughts on a heli to buy, many of you gave me excellent input and thanks so much for that I appreciate it. I was destined to buy a Raptor 50 SE which a friend of mine was going to sell me but did not. Honetsly even though it would be easier to learn on versus a smaller one or diff one etc.. the nitros intimidate me abit right now. So even though some of you may shake your heads I bought Shogun. Believe me I thought it through and this is why I did so.

1.) Hobby shops close to me carry allot of parts and are knowledgeable about the heli itself. "Allot of aftermarket mods you can buy, ie: BLING"
2.) I know more than a few people locally that own and fly them and understand it well, so that will come in use to me being new.
3.) I have an excellent experienced pilot to help me with flying "buddy box"
4.) I can not do allot with them now but I can fly it in stable hover and am not intimdated by it what so ever.
5.) Still cold and will be where I live for awhile and they have a great indoor session twice a week where I live to practice in large gym.
6.) I am doing no less than an hour a night on my G3 Sim.
7.) My golas are very limited for the year, if I can hover in all directions and do small simple circuts by year end I will be happy with that.
8.) Easy to work on in small space. easy to understand overall construction of the heli for me.

So all that being said is why bought this lil guy.

This is what I bought for a package

Stock 400 EP Shogun w400 Motor
Castle Creations 35 ESC
Park 400 Brushless Motor 4200 kv
Like 90 8T Pinion (maybe 9 or 10T later, start easy@ start)
20mm Heatsink titanium blue
Deans Antenna
Futaba 240 HH Gyro
Thunder Tiger 1320 mAh Lipo batt & a 2100 mAh Lipo batt
Hi-Tech 56 Karbon Servos (4)
Hi-Tech 6ch RX
Futaba 9ch Super "High Band"
Anodized blue blade screws
Carbon Fiber Boom Supports
RCHover wide landing gear
Carbon Fiber Pushrod for TR
Heliup Carbon Fiber Vertical Fin
Heliup Carbon Fiber Horizontal Fin
Blue aluminum servo holder and gyro mount "gyro on boom"
Blue aluminum battery extender holding plate
Blue titanium boom clamp and CF pushrod guide

And that about sums it up, should be a nice little heli after I am done, and I plan to do my very best at taking it slow and learning again, "properly" this time. If I surprise myself and get better maybe by fall after some feild stick time with supervision and getting past the nervousness stage of nitros I may look into that at a later date...

Thanks for all your help people, when I get further with some pixs I will post if you would like to see it.
Oilman72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Rick L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 13
looks pretty good to me ...have fun
xv-townboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 AM   #3
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Rob C

Your decision seems sound. I'm not sure why you are putting so much bling on your first heli though!

rscamp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8
Welcome to the heli hobby! Warning: helis are addictive

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
RCC Contributor

Rob the bling is for later, I am not installing any of it for awhile. Secondly it is my first heli for 10 years but not my first and will not be my last. If I can get through a half a year without destroying it ( I know I will get through it) I will apply bling and not that it will improve flight or anything but just look good, that is what bling is for. Have a great weekend.
Oilman72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.