FCC IC and Insurance - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 AM   #21
davidmc36
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: David C
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 46
Re: FCC IC and Insurance

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hmm, yeah. Servos ain't what I had in mind mulling F vs S. S worked perfect in the RF dept every time I just got cheesed at them doling out tech a bit at a time and hitting your wallet every time and still being miles behind OS etc. Maybe they have caught up a bit. Saw a couple tid-bits but have not really studied it close.

Man I wish I owned or had use of a private field, I would give everybody the middle finger and use whatever I want.

It's not as if IC is actually going give a flying hoot unless there is a complaint.
davidmc36 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:17 AM   #22
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 20

Yes I know servos aren't part of the issue but the fingers just typed it in.....LOL. I know when Jeti USA/Esprit began bringing in the Jeti radios that they had the shipment on hand when they had submitted the transmitters and receivers to the FCC for certification and as soon as the approval numbers came rolling in they labeled and shipped. I don't know if you might want to call their operating system an open OS or not but many of the more knowledgeable guys
are really helping in aircraft setups as there are many ways in which a person can do it . One is not stuck with any particular format to get the job done. I don't recall if there were any fixes but earlier in the year they did an operating/program update ( or addition) adding in more channels and features/flexibility ; including Quad programming. While the quad programing , apparently not perfect was a start as I don't think quads are as popular in Europe as in NA and Asia . From what I hear is that Jeti , unlike Futaba , does listen to users "wants" and they try to get it right the first time before release.
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #23
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.

Brent : all your Jeti transmitters bought in NA will have the IC number attached and same with the receivers. If the receivers are even number of channels those may have been bought outside of NA and not certified. All odd numbered channel receivers should be certified as that was what was shipped to NA for sale. That way, if service was ever required then Jeti USA would know as NA distributors will not touch off shore equipment. At least that is what I have gathered in most cases.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-usa-...nly-radio.aspx

Here is a link to Jeti's latest very low cost budget radio that is compatible with Jeti receivers and telemetry. Very ,very low budget; but not for me .

At the moment ; on Esprits r/c website they have shown the bridge setup ; again; on how to setup a simple Spektrum bridge , to be able to operate all the Bind'N'fly aircraft.

Last edited by stegl; 10-07-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #24
davidmc36
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

All that is lovely but of no help. We can all see what is IC and what is not.

It sure won't be Jeti that I will switch to. Could prob rent a private field for the rest of my life and do what I want for what it woild cost to outfit with Jeti.

Going to have to spin over to the field while there is some flying season left and see if I can get some different Tx guys to show me how programming works on Futaba or JR or whatever theu have. Maybe some hands on will help.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:36 PM   #25
davidmc36
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
If I may chime in... maybe contact Mark Betuzzi , MAAC Spektrum chairman as he has been dealing with IC and the acceptance of FCC ( with an approval number on the transmitters and telemetry receivers) into Canada but so far IC hasn't come on line with an agreement in principle....My understanding is; the MAAC Spektrum committee has been trying to get ( in our applications ) IC to approve the use of FCC approved equipment for use in..
If anybody is actually interested in this, believe me, don't hold your breath.

Anybody have a good DX18G2 for sale?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #26
Skybolt
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Mike B.

Total Props: 0

I have some 12 and 10 channel Jeti REX receiver and they have IC and FCC certification on them.

I spoke to Jeff at Thunderbolt RC and he assure me that all Jeti Transmitter and transceiver (that the way they call telemetry capable receivers now) he sell are IC and FCC certified.
Skybolt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:39 AM   #27
davidmc36
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Yes, yes. We all know the situation with Jeti which is a non-starter at the prices.

Did you ask him about Graupner?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #28
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
I have some 12 and 10 channel Jeti REX receiver and they have IC and FCC certification on them.

I spoke to Jeff at Thunderbolt RC and he assure me that all Jeti Transmitter and transceiver (that the way they call telemetry capable receivers now) he sell are IC and FCC certified.
Thanks Mike....I guess the initial batch of odd number channels were the first to get IC and then they must have added the others when the new dual input telemetry plugs were added as the REX series
Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 AM   #29
davidmc36
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! IT'S NOT ABOUT JETI!!!!!!!!!!!!

We mentioned it once earlier and now getting flooded with off topic.

I will NOT be switching to Jeti no matter how long you extol their virtues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to talk about them, start another thread PLEASE!
Old 10-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #30
RC_Randy
RCC Apprentice

I am: Randall P

Total Props: 0

I have a spectrum DX9 and it has IC and FCC numbers on it. Horizon Hobby told me all there radios are IC and FCC compliant at least that is what they told me when I called and ask about it. That's all I know if that helps any
RC_Randy is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.