BLADE 350QX Updating troubles - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
CorbinLynchP
RCC Noob

I am: Corbin L-P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
BLADE 350QX Updating troubles

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So, i have run into a snag when I took apart my 350 QX to update the firmware to version 3.0 (it's still currently running the original firmware) but when I was looking for the Spektrum receiver cable, i couldn't seem to find it, or a spot for the multi-rotor programming cable to go into. Could someone please help me out here? Pictures will be included so you can see what i mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0045.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	1061345   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0046.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	605.0 KB
ID:	1061353   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0047.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	610.3 KB
ID:	1061361  
CorbinLynchP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Keyrigger
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Total Props: 6
Re: BLADE 350QX Updating troubles

You will find the receiver up in front of the main board on the right side of the body cavity. Follow the cable back towards the mainboard and you will see a connector in that line. You pull it apart and connect the updating cable to it. Take your time downloading and installing the drivers and it will take a couple of minutes or more for the quad to be "Seen" by the program. Every machine is a brand new device to the computer and as such, it must be "Installed" once for the system to connect to it. Once that is done, future connections will not take very long. Good luck.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
Keyrigger
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Don I.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX18

Total Props: 6
Re: BLADE 350QX Updating troubles

As a post script, you do not need to pull the top off to hook it up as the connector is normally slid under the back end of the battery box. It can be found, in some machines, off to the right rear side of the box, but under normal conditions, you only need to open the battery cover to get at the connection. Do remember to connect the battery to the quad (you can leave it outside the battery box for ease of working on it), switch it on, and grab a coffee while waiting for it to connect the first time. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.