This Is Interesting.... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Please understand I am not Anti-IMAC. While they have made some great strides in the past, I also believe there is room for improvement on how some things have been done. What I would like to see, is that the IMAC BOD keep its members informed as to what is happening, AND ask for input, before or as it happens, rather than letting us know once the deal is done. I believe as a paying member, I or we, all deserve that much. This has been a sore spot with many IMAC members over the last few years, with regards to rule changes and other matters. I donít know if youíre a long term IMAC member as I am or not, but if you are, you probably already know what Iím talking about. If your not, then perhaps you donít. To quote another very prominent Canadian IMAC Member,

"In 1998 I had a few Pattern guys say to me " Why the hell do you want to fly IMAC? They're just a bunch of "good ol' boys" Everything always changes. You don't know what to expect from year to year.

You know what !! They were absolutely right !!"

In this recent case, while I have no objection to the SACB being formed, I personally feel the membership had a right to know about its creation ahead of time, and should have had the opportunity to make recommendations, or suggestions as to who is on this new Board. The IMAC President himself said that it had been a long-term goal of his, and yet the general membership was not made aware of that, or that the process was happening. Sorry, but that just doesnít seem right to me, and Iím entitled to that opinion, just as you are yours. It would have been very easy to issue a ďQuick ChargeĒ to keep its membership up to date, and ask for input or suggestions. If youíre an IMAC member, you know what I am referring to.

As for your statement, ďAre you afraid of "The Big Bad IMAC"????? It sure seems that way.Ē

Quite frankly, I donít like the tone of your statement, and I feel it is unwarranted. I have been an IMAC member since 98, and am in my 3rd year as Scale Aerobatics Chairman here in Canada, and a member of the committee before that. I have traveled extensively in Canada and the US participating in countless IMAC events. What is the depth of your involvement? You are obviously not aware of all the communications I have had with many of the IMAC BOD members, both past and present, over the years over a variety of different issues. In fact, I had a long and very candid telephone conversation with Wally Pitts just this past week, about this issue, and others as well. We now both fully understand where the other person is coming from, on this issue and others as well.

As for your statement, ďYou should really take the time to check out the hierarchy of the AMA. The SACB will only decide which proposals go to the AMA EC. They don't have the power to approve them by themselves, the AMA still has the final say.Ē

Sorry, but in reality you are off base here. This SABC will decide which rules they see as worthy and which ones are not, the same way the ACB did previously. If they donít like a given proposal, it will end right there. Thatís why the AMA calls it a Contest Board. Itís their job to make these decisions on behalf of the AMA, and in some cases, may in fact create them as well, as IMAC BOD members. While the AMA Executive would have the power to deny any rule they thought unsafe, or completely appropriate, they are not about to go against the SACB unless deemed absolutely necessary. The same can be said for the MAAC Board of Directors. They will not overrule our SIGS rules changes, unless deemed absolutely necessary as well. The difference is, that every position here in Canada, whether it be a committee member, its SIG Chairman, a Zone Director, or a MAAC Executive member, is elected not appointed.

I hope that explains my position to your satisfaction. If not, I would be happy to discuss this further with you, or anyone else privately. These forums are not really the best place for this kind of thing, and I should have had better sense to start this thread here in the first place.

Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #12
RCC Apprentice

So you know I've been involved with IMAC for more than just recent history, I have been listed as a moderator of the scale aerobatics list for over 3 years now, and have been as involved as my remote location allows.

Your concern seems to be that the membership should be micro-managing every decision. This simply isn't possible! The latest board is trying to be more transparent in the way they do things, but sometimes it just isn't possible. In this case, they had the opportunity, if they could take it right away, so they jumped at it, and considering that the membership elected them to make decisions, I feel that is correct procedure. Perhaps it would have been better if they had put it to a general membership vote, but by then the opportunity would have been lost. Sometimes things have to be done on very short notice, and this was apparently one of those cases.

As to your not liking my opinion, that's really a shame, but I'm still entitled to it, and that's not likely to change any time soon.

Of course I'm an expert!
X is an unknown quantity,
Spurt is a drip under pressure!
Icebird is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Like I said Jim, if you would like to continue discussing this issue, or any other Scale Aerobatics topic with me privately, I would be more than happy to do so at any time.

Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.