Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If you can! run your dunked 2 stroke ASAP after its dunking to get water out.

I agree with that!
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #22
Jay D
RCC Apprentice

Similar thing happened to me.... sounds to me like a fuel draw issue.... the most likely culprit is a non sealed carb. Loosen your carb nut and check to see if the o-rings are seated properly and make sure they are still soft, sometimes they harden up from the high engine temps.... if they are too hard when you push the carb down into the bore.. the o-rings will not seal properly and suck air in around the carb neck causeing low fuel draw...... pick up a few at canadian tire for cheap.. or you local hardware store... i think you will find this is the problem,,,, and be sure to push down hard on the carb while tightening the carb retaining bolt, this will ensure a good seal.
Jay Dickson
MAAC# 72371
Jay D is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #23
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Adam S

Total Props: 1
I did notice that one of the carb bolts fell out. There is 2 of them, 1 on each side. I also have a new o-ring on it. The missing bolt did not affect anything before, it's been missing for a while with no engine problems. It sounds wierd, but it happened. Anyway, when I tried a new bolt, I discovered that the threads have been stripped out of that side of the carb. I was also wondering if the o-ring is too big since it pushes the carb up a bit higher than the last ring did.

Adam S.
Warbird_ace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #24
Jay D
RCC Apprentice

Can we get a pic of this engine.... sounds very strange to have 2 carb bolts... usually there is just one bolt on the left side of the engine that draws a cam lock settup into the carb neck......
But anyway try this........ Plug the exuast with something...kleenex or what ever then open your throttle full open.... put your finger over the carb as to choke it.... turn the prop over by hand..about one revolution per second..... and see if the fuel is starting to come up the fuel line..... if it is... just before it gets to the carb... stop turning the prop and see if the fuel heads back to the tank... if so you DO have a leak.... if the fuel doesnt even come up... theres a leak...... also some questions that should be asked is did you put a new glow plug in? and... did you take the low speed mixture screw out when you cleaned the engine... if you did, you simply may have the low speed needle set way to lean...preventing the engine to transtion to the higher rpms..... just a thought.
Jay Dickson
MAAC# 72371
Jay D is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #25
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9
Hi Warbird,

Could the clunk be stuck foreward in the tank?

Take care,
Have fun,

Dave fallowfield
Maac 6437
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.