Hk 450 set up with futaba rx help?, TX t10cap - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 10-09-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
Coltmart
RCC Noob

I am: Colton m
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 0
Hk 450 set up with futaba rx help?, TX t10cap

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all. I am trying to set up my hk 450 heli and can't seem to figure out the wiring for a futaba rx! Had set up with fly sky but then was advised to change tx/rx for my heli and now I'm lost. Any help would be great as I'm new to heli's. I got some practice with 130x heli but those I did not have to set up to this extent. My tx is the futaba t10cap and on that note can't find a manual for my tx either. Thanks in advance!
Coltmart is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Cougar429
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Gary L

Total Props: 30
Re: Hk 450 set up with futaba rx help?, TX t10cap

You can download the manual from Futaba here:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/10c-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

It has the different swash types on Pg 15 along with channel assignments and the heli section starts on page 89.

WARNING: If possible, try to use a battery pack to power the Rx and flight system with the ESC unplugged from Ch 3. If not, at least remove the main and tail blades until you are ready to fly. Making an incorrect entry runs the risk of the motor spooling up and driving the rotors.

It can be extremely confusing at first, especially working with servo directions, as well as pitch curves and directions. Wish you were closer so could show this in person.

Same with giving you a hand on your first flights. Think if you are first switching to a collective heli it may be a good idea to look at a flight sim. That way you can get more practice with less risk.

Once you have things tweaked to your satisfaction keep a record of all your settings.

ps. I have the 9CAP, but Futaba seems to keep similar programming architecture for many different models.

Last edited by Cougar429; 10-09-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Cougar429 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
Coltmart
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba

I apreciate that info and the manual. I spent a long time trying to find that manual. I have programmed and flow 3D 130x and a nano heli plenty and now moving on to a bigger one (the 450) only issues I'm having is figuring out where all the wires go in my RX and the programming for the 450. I fly rc planes all the time in varying shapes and sizes right up to quarter scale but this little heli has got me confused in terms of the rx set up and transmitter programming.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
Coltmart
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
Futaba

I have all set up now and am on the final steps of setting the throttle and pitch curves. My heli is the hk 450 gt. And Mt tx is a futaba t10cap. If anyone knows a good throttle, pitch curve set up to recommend please let me know. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.