Extreme Flight Extra 300 60" - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #11
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ryan T
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 0
Re: Extreme Flight Extra 300 60"

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Great thanks Will, I will make the adjustment tonight and see if it helps never thought of that. But it makes sense!! Just thought they would have it right from the factory. The up and down so far seems ok but I did notice it pulls to the canopy in a knife edge, both ways but very little.
Mytmerc83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #12
FD av8r
RCC Contributor

I am: Daryll F
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 6

my son and I fly the same plane. recommended torque motor and airboss esc with Xoar 15 x 8 prop. Great plane but flights are a tad short with 3300 mah as its such a blast in the air. Its a tiny bit of a weight penalty but were gonna fly it with a 3700 and 4000 mah nano tech packs this spring. We also found it flew nicer and floatier with the SFG's installed

Daryll
Old 10-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #13
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

Daryll as I said I'm running the turnigy 4055 and right now two 3s 2650mah packs in series for 6s and 6 minute flights are the norm with 30% of the battery left. So I think it's pretty good? But yes I'm light anyways so bigger pack won't hurt too much. I'd rather be light than heavy. I'm still working the bugs out but I like it a lot!! And yes it locks in with the sfg on, slow KE are a breeze. Did one last night on the maiden about 10 feet off the ground down my runway at home which has power lines on one side and trees on the other, my boy said I was crazy!! I agree, but it flys so good.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #14
FD av8r
RCC Contributor

I am: Daryll F
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 6

biggest thing with this plane is to have many packs as once you get in the zone you dont want to wait around for packs to charge. Currently I use 2 x 2650 nano tech, 1 x 3300 6s 25c , 1 x 3300 6s 50c and a new 4000 6s 25c. will likely order a 3700 6s 25c as I want to use the two 2650 packs in my 3dh3 44" slick 580. Another fun plane that I just got maidened before snow hit!!

I would like to get an 88" extra or edge and try it with a gp61. These planes have some real potential

Daryll
Old 10-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #15
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

They do for sure!!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #16
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

Dang snow glad I was able to mow the runway once more before it hit.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #17
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

Will you were spot on no more pull. Well kinda if I come in and try to pull hard elevator up to go into a hover it try's to spin?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #18
VA6WGO
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytmerc83 View Post
Will you were spot on no more pull. Well kinda if I come in and try to pull hard elevator up to go into a hover it try's to spin?
Good to hear that is tracking straight up now

If the left wing drops on hard elevator before a hover, it is probably just a stalled wing and when the motor torque kicks in, it causes the wing to drop and/or the elevators are not completely aligned which is hard to fix on this plane since there is only one servo in the elevator.

I love that plane! it snaps very well and 3d's quite well too!
Cheers,

Will
Team Great Hobbies
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
Mytmerc83
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX8

Thanks again Will, yes more than likely I just need more stick time with it, I did notice last night that my 3s 2650mah packs did not fly as well as my 3000mah packs. Little wieght sometimes helps more than it hurts!! KE much better with a little more wieght locks right in 6' off the ground till out of sight "almost" lol!! It's a great flyer. Started putting the stars on it finally looking better and better, might get the stars made out of something else the supplied one show through and I can't have that. OCD!!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #20
VA6WGO
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Will
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytmerc83 View Post
Thanks again Will, yes more than likely I just need more stick time with it, I did notice last night that my 3s 2650mah packs did not fly as well as my 3000mah packs. Little wieght sometimes helps more than it hurts!! KE much better with a little more wieght locks right in 6' off the ground till out of sight "almost" lol!! It's a great flyer. Started putting the stars on it finally looking better and better, might get the stars made out of something else the supplied one show through and I can't have that. OCD!!

Good to hear Ryan, I am using the Thunder Power Prolite 6S 3400Mah 25C, these weigh around 480 grams and puts my CG at about 1/16" forward from the wing tube.

For knife edge, I am using about 2% rudder to elevator mix and 1.5% rudder-aileron one way and close to 2.5% rudder-aileron the other way. With that the plane tracks pretty straight on KE.

Down throttle to down elevator mix only -3% to hold the down lines straight otherwise in the long down lines, the plane tends to pull out.

I will look forward to see your Extra next Spring I will bring mine (assuming that both planes are still alive lol).

Cheers,

Will
Team Great Hobbies
VA6WGO is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.