RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: DM

Total Props: 3
Kinda neat

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just got my Great Hobbies flyer today. My friend was flipping through it when something caught my eye. I was looking at the GAFF advertisement thinking, "boy those aircraft sitting there look familiar". Then it hit me the ones in the back with the heli are mine . It was kinda funny my bright orange rain coat is sitting in my chair to LOL. :P
Famous last words, "Watch this!!".
Norm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
lol your famous!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
Flyin High
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bob S

lol... I see it! Can I have your autograph? :P
Flyin High is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9

It is a great feeling when you see something like this even though your not personally in the picture, but your things are!! Congratulations! LOL!

Back in 1994 I believe it was, I was contacted by the MAAC Mag publisher and asked if they could have permission to print a story in the MAAC Mag that I wrote for our news letter. No pay of course but I though it was neat so I said certainly, yes! At the time I was living in Northern Ontario and myself and a few friends decided to take a trip for 10 days to Vancover. As is normal, one of the first places I wanted to visit was the Hobby Store in downtown Vancover. In chatting to the propriater, he asked us where we were from. I told him we were visiting from a small town just outside of Kirkland Lake Ontario and was a member of the TARMAC club near New Liiskeard.

His next comment took me totally by surprise! He said "Oh, I was just reading an article in the MAAC Magazine that was written by a fellow in the TARMAC Club!"

What are the chances of that happening? I travel 3000 miles across Canada to a place I have never been and have a complete stranger recognize something like this? Well there you have it, my 10 seconds of fame, but it was a very exciting experience that I shall always remember!

And so to you Norm, enjoy your few seconds of fame my friend and contemplate the chances that your Heli and jacket would be there at the exact time the picture was taken to be used in the sales flyer! Pretty darn neat right????
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8
So I guess this means I should be getting a GH flyer in the mail, tommorow or the next day...
I had someone take a photo of one of my planes at a float fly, and it was published in the maac mag... Some spec's on it were wrong, but hay I was just thrilled that someone even did that.....
It is kinda neet...
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Brady Z
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Ive been in the paper once last spring for a short story on our combat meet. Other than that I, or my stuff, has never been printed. How ever a couple of my pictures have. If you look in the current MAC mag and go to the Alberta zone pages the picture of the super stearman was taken by me. :P lol
MAAC #63500
recon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor

oh...there it is!! I was looking through the whole flyer and had to re-read this thread to get some clues.... Sometimes things have to hit me in the face before I notice least that's what my wife tells me......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #8
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
It took me awhile to find this in the flyer also.
Here I am looking for this bright red raincoat in a lawnchair and couldn't find it. I figured this should stick out like a sore thumb. Starting to look throught the third time and thinking I must have received a different flyer. Then ah-ha, finally found it. The picture was transparent and used as a backdrop.

Been kidding one of our members lately about being in the MAAC mag.
He had his picture taken with his plane at our last club funfly and was told it would be put in the MAAC mag. He waited for about five issues and then a slew of pictures were published about our zone and one of the captions was of him and his plane but the picture was of someone elses planes. He was told that this would be corrected and two issues later his picture appeared in our zone column but now the caption reads about a flying in Lethbridge.
Hmmm. Didn't know Ontario had a Lethbridge. I joked with him he must have a plane that acts like those travelling garden gnomes and goes flying off on its own to far away locations.

I won't say who it is but if they read this I will let them admit to it.

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:09 AM   #9
RCC Junior Contributor

Hey Norm

I also had to study the flyer to find the photo, ha ha I guess you are not that famous after all. lol . all the best

maac 73273
Marvin MacLeod
MAAC 73273

I fly this way so you will have something to talk about
peiviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
RCC Supreme Contributor

a flying in Lethbridge
I was wondering about that seemed way out of place...

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.