Just Another Nail In The Coffin... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
NEW222
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chancey C
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 3
Just Another Nail In The Coffin...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just down the street from me. Just what we hobbiests need!
P.S. No, it is NOT me!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...bank-1.3795967
NEW222 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:53 AM   #2
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16
Re: Just Another Nail In The Coffin...

As soon as the RCMP and transport Canada start leveling fines then that will get out pretty quick thru social media and things may change.

I know the last couple of summers during July 1st evening fireworks over the lake there is a drone flying around and thru them ; presuming taking pictures at night with hundreds of occupied boats below and nothing is done until someone gets hurt.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:58 AM   #3
floyd
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Floyd S

Total Props: 5

Even the Police are starting to use Drones as the newest technology in surveillance. I would have something ready to throw at it and bring it down if it got close to me and then wait for the owner to pay me a ransom for my troubles. LOL Cheers floyd
floyd is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
mikecoul
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Mike C
Radio of choice:
Hot Rock
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 4

Maybe keep a garden hose handy.
Or a net gun,

MAAC 44905
mikecoul is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
FD av8r
RCC Contributor

I am: Daryll F
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 6

With all the hard work clubs and MAAC do to promote our hobby its tough seeing this kind of thing continue to happen. I don't blame the public for wanting this kind of behavior stopped. Sadly what makes quadcopters with fpv gear so amazing to fly also makes them a perfect tool to annoy folks when used this way.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:07 AM   #6
itizme
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Steve W.
Radio of choice:
Futaba MZ, Futaba SZ

Total Props: 14

Transport Canada won't even enforce the guidelines , they are lame ass unenforceable guidelines. When ouch comes to shove they just state no laws were broken. The guidelines are pointless and stupid and a waste of taxpayer's money.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 151

A news story that is a BS news story. I read the article and realised that if this "pesky drone" were really as pesky as the townsfolk are complaining (meaning it is flying repeatedly around their houses) then it would take me all of 2 maybe 3 incidences for me to track down the guy doing it. That particular drone only flies for 10 maybe 15 minutes max. Considering its tooling around peoples homes for about half if not more of its flight time, it would not be hard to determine which direction it came in and which direction it returned to. Then its a matter of knowing approximately where to go next time you see it and then go there while its in the air. then wait for it to come down near where you are waiting and you will have the guy. then confront him (Starting politely, of course). Problem solved.

This CBC story just smacks of sensationalism just because they had nothing else to report. "oh look, drones are scary, drones are bad...Ooooohhhhhh....." I call BS!

PS- the cops cant do anything because he is not breaking any laws. But by the same token, if the locals are so upset, why aren't they finding the guy on their own?

My Aircraft Albums: http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173

Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...-600-2135.html

Transport Canada had already levied one of their first fines about a year ago. Flyer was aware of the rules
but did it his way and to find out; it cost him over $1000. It's here and not going away and those that care to fight it will be the ones to find out the results and be the loser.

Go the MAAC.ca website and click on Transport Canada link at the top. Lots of good info for the responsible flyers.

Last edited by stegl; 10-18-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #9
RAMJET
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 14

A little tolerance would go a long way here .Is this a noise issue , you can hardy even hear the thing, looks to be a very small drone . Where I live there are snow mobiles racing back and forth all winter and 4 wheelers all summer and hunters shooting there guns but up here we respect your right to have the freedom to do so (I guess I could grab a hose and spray them every time they drive by but I might get shot LOL). If freedom was to rely on everyone liking what you are doing you would have none . Myself I could care less if he flew over my house as long as he had insurance to cover any damage he might cause . That is the problem with developed areas, people want to do there thing without accepting the needs of others,then the law steps in and nobody can do anything. I am not saying guys should not do things in a safe manner but I find more of these problems come from intolerance then safety .Roger
Old 10-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #10
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Even the Police are starting to use Drones as the newest technology in surveillance. I would have something ready to throw at it and bring it down if it got close to me and then wait for the owner to pay me a ransom for my troubles. LOL Cheers floyd
Even they are required to file SFOC when used. Most of their use if for mapping and photographing accident
scenes . They can now do in one hour what used to take them from 4-6 hrs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.