|03-04-2005, 06:34 AM||#1|
RCC Junior Contributor
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Belle River Prince Edward Island
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 0
How much do you know about the Avro Arrow? Answers
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
(1) What was one of the minor accidents that marred the otherwise highly successful test flight program?
Answer: Aircraft number 25201 during landing began to put to the left causing lost of directional control causing the aircraft to exit the the runway causing the undercarriage to collapse.
Second incident occured on aircraft 25202 During a landing rool all four tires skidded and tires burst.
(2) What Avro tail number had the most flights?
Answer: 25201 25 Flights
(3) When was the first initial engine runs completed?
Answer: December 04, 1957
(4) The intake danger area on the Avro arrow at idle was how many ft. ?
Answer: 10 ft.
5) What pilot flew the most flights on the Avro Arrow?
Answer: Spud Potocki
(6) What type of engine first powered the Avro Arrow?
Answer: Pratt & Whitnet J75- P3
(7) Movement of the nose wheel is governed to a maximin turning rate of how many degrees per second
Answer: 19 *
( What does CGI stand for?
Answer: Control Group Intercept.
(9) What does ADAS stand for?
Answer: Airborne Data Acquistion System
(10) What was the wing span on the Avro Arrow?
Answer: 50 ft 0 "
I fly this way so you will have something to talk about
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|