Cambrian RC Flyers 14th Annual FUN FLY JULY 9th - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: James B

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Randy Brown

Originally Posted by june-bug
Would that be Mustard Yellow Randy?
rotflmao....i figured Cec for a pink sort of guy!
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:23 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Cambrian Fun Fly

Well we had a fantastic (and hot ) weekend fun fly. As usual I had to work on Saturday and missed most of the fun, and the mishaps which were beyond bad luck I won't steal Kent's thunder but I will say that he had a very costly and depressing midair with a fellow pilot and totally destroyed his 3W 106 engine and his 33% Edge 540.
He has really had the worst luck lately, but like a trooper that he is, mustered up the courage to fly his Funtana 90 today. I hope that 3W can do a major rebuild on the engine (cracked the man crankase and who knows what else).

I will be helping him get his BME Edge up to snuff this week in prep. for the NOIC.

Other than that, we saw pilots from North Bay, SMAC and Greater Sudbury Club, the Sault club and I'm sure I missed many others as I came late on Saturday.

Kudos to Mike Aitcheson and his lovely wife Nancy, Rino Zorzi, Grant and "Pops" Mackay, Kent Fabbro and the many others who helped in many ways to make this a successful weekend
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor

Funny how things change (improve) when one is gone out of town to work alot. I haven't been to the Cambrian field since last years fun-fly even though I'm a paid member. The difference of improvements is...well in a word incredible. Great job guys. The field even looks bigger for some reason...

Sorry to hear about Kent's plane. I showed up for a quick "Hello" to the members I hadn't seen in awhile with my youngest son (2yrs) before I head back out of town. It was great to see D.B. and Rino, Big Mike, Kent and Lee even though they were busy flying. Awesome plane Lee...Got to see you putting your big 540 through it's paces before NOIC. I'd also like to thank Brian Wright for taking the time to come to shoot the breeze with me and my little guy. Sorry I had to run prematurely, but the intense heat of 30+ degrees on Sunday was just too much for a 2 year old to sit in for very long...Sun-screen only goes so far. Can't wait to get out and fly with all of you soon
Pat Martin

MAAC #74119
Official Warbird Junkie
Floatplane Fanatic
3D & IMAC Wannabe
june-bug is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #24
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Sorry I had to miss the fun fly but budgets of time and $ are cramping me a little this summer.
Really sorry to hear about the thats a lot of damage!

Craig probably wouldnt want folks to know he sieved his IMAC mount through a tree yesterday so I wont tell you that he did,fortunatly with little damage.

I paid him my NOIC
preentry fees last nite so he will probably use the $ to repair his model.

Cec was calling me and the mighty Staudacher through the basic pattern last nite,but man I cant take the heat never mind what the sweat running into your eyes can do........The model is flying really well though.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #25
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

thanks Kev

boy, the Sukhoi sure doesn't dead stick
anyway, even crashing through trees from about 10 meters up
got away with a crunched leading edge
should be ready by Tuesday,
wing already fixed
just need to cover it
just when things start to go well - the big Saito started really nice Sunday - it had been giving me grief starting cold
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.