WWI Triple Maiden - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
WWI Triple Maiden

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Bloody April is almost here and we're ready for it! Jon's Albatros D5 flys great with a 25FX at 4lb. 5oz. My Fokker DVII with a 25LA at 3lb. 13oz. is just as smooth. Both planes are steady at slow speed and we aced all the take-offs and most of the landings. Roll rates are weak but the rudders kick a**. The big disappointment was my Fokker DII...what a dog!! The first flight ended in an uncontrollable spin and the last flight ended with a long sideslip into the valley. The wing warping (on the lower wing only) was useless in a steep bank or climb. Too bad, the build on this one is much easier than the D5 or DVII. At least it passed the crash tests!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010015__custom___2_.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	8053   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010013.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	8054   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1010024__custom_.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	8055  
Bent is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9
Great news Bent,

Do you have any differental on the DII's wing warping?
It would help I think.

My SpadVII is looking good. The latex/acrylic 9colour paint job added 1.5 oz... I moved the engine fwd 3/8th in. to loose the heavy hub. It balances nice at 4.5lbs...

I'm taking it to the OMFC meeting Mon 4th. ( I want to ask if I can enter it in Scale Aerobatics ! ! HeHeHe)

I've got some photos from a borrowed camera. If I have the time I'll learn how to post them here.

Looking fwd to getting the 'Rene Fonck Special' back in the air....

Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

The geometry (and slop) of the aileron linkage definitely gives more up than down. Squeezed in a couple more test flights this evening...before the big storm. Made a few changes to the original design. I reworked the trailing edges of the lower wing to give big full span ailerons. The torque rods run run all the way out to the tips. Lengthened the forward struts and cabanes so the top wing has about 2 degrees of incidence (the bottom wing is at zero). Well at least it flys now, but the pucker factor is still there. What I realized this evening is the airplane behaves at low power but becomes a stubborn mule with power on. It's barely controllable at half throttle. The first flight ended with a smooth glide after a deadstick. Second flight wasn't so pretty. Next step is to add lots of down and right thrust and a smaller diameter prop. I'll tame this beast yet!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	p1010026__custom_.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	8145  
Bent is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: jeff t
Radio of choice:
Specktrum DX18
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 3
tamming the beast

Keep it up Gary I felt the same way withe the DH2. While the first one one flew. Once!!! It was enough to make me want to perfect the BEAST. And with the addition of four carbon fiber tail booms it works. We just wont tell the wife how much the ass end is worth. And hopfuly you guys will take it easy on it too.

Your planes look exquisite as usual Cant wait till next week should make for some pretty Photos though
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_cid_002001c53731_d6df49d0_0100007f_theserver.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	8156  
Green side is definitely not up
canadianice is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.