Pacific Zone in MAAC mag - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #11
Donovan Dow
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Donovan R

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Whoops me too. Took another look at my April issue MAC.

PACIFIC (H) zone

Bad Don
Donovan Dow is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

...maybe nothing happened.........!?

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Keith Morison

Total Props: 11
I know frank has been having troubles getting input from zone members - and his note regarding the April issue was that he just installed anew computer ... and didn't have much to report. He did ask for a listing of events for the zone, which is a repeat of the event listings at the back, and the magazine was tight.

Members have to remember that MAC is their magazine, and it is not really up to the directors to generate the content. The directors need much more than simple event reports, they need to know the new, interesting and different things that are or will be happening.
Keith Morison
MAAC 24909L
Morison Communications - Publishers of Model Aviation Canada
Morison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #14
Frank Weaver
RCC Apprentice

My comments......'what Keith said' (thanks Keith)

So then Darren, what would you like to read in my zone report? I could just make stuff up, rehash old stale news, plagiarize or even talk "E" power all day long.

It really comes down to nothing in, nothing out. If I had a nickle for everytime someone promised me copy and a pix for my report, I'd be....well you know how it goes. Many times I have given events MAAC promo monies with the understanding that the send me a report. What do I get? Zip! I have contacted someone from each club many times about assigning a club reporter with a digital camera, afterall I'm only a click away. What do I get? Zip! Those who do submit reports many times are about two months late and to print it would not be timely since by the time it's seen in print it's ancent history. I have made similar comments to these in my zone report in the past. What do I get? You guessed it. Zip!

Now that I have your attention, let me whine just a little more.

At the end of each year we have a zone meeting and I'm lucky to get a quorm, which is 14 members and it's the same each year, that last guy we need walks in 15 minutes late. Keep in mind that to get on a committee, you have to be nominated at the AZM. For years now, at the beginning of each year, we have a meeting to coordinate all the events on the island and only two clubs ever participate. Usually each club hosts the same events, on the same weekend each year, but the paperwork still has to get done to have the event published in the MAC schedule of events and posted on a local web site. I contact each club and tell them if a representative cannot attend, at least e-mail me and toss the paperwork in the mail. What do I get?! Then if they do respond, it too late to publish before the event takes place anyways. (check out the submission deadlines in the front of MAC)

Then what do I hear all summer? Who come my event is not listed in the schedule? How come there's no report on our big event? How come there was no zone report in the last magazine?

I'm just a volunteer and I can get just as apathetic as the zone membership, and remember.....I only ask twice and don't beg.

By the way, there's no report in the next issue either. Maybe that will make a point with the locals, but I think not.
Frank Weaver
fly S.M.A.L.L., have a BALL
MAAC 8408
Frank Weaver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:34 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8

I didn't know that just ordinary joe'e like me could submit stuff... I saw you at the Naniamo Float fly ( I'm the guy with that electric Bellanca profile you were looking at)... I now have a digital camera so I'll take pics of events I go to and try to get them to you...
I guess you will be writing something on Naniamo's float fly ( or what little flying there was, darn wind, but a nice day)
I can send you something on the Comox Lake Float Fly ( no pics though, didn't have the camera at the time) and how ugly the weather was...

I see what I can muster up.....
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #16
Frank Weaver
RCC Apprentice

I thought that your Bellanca was the neatest airplane there, well, next to mine that is. I waited around until about 5:30 for the wind to die down, no luck, but still managed three flights. Angelia took a ton of pix, so I'm covered there, but something on Comox would be great. Didn't!

When I get her pix, I'll send them along to you.

Don't forget that the Parksville web site is always looking for input on local activities as well. ( ) That's were I was getting some of my material from, but that's dried up. No one seems to bring their digital camera to the field anymore and at least half of the guys have one.

As you know, here on the island we have big field problems and the MAAC membership in the last few years has dropped by almost 1/2 of what it was. That, plus the specialized events like heli and electric that show up in other MAC committee reports make it difficult to get timely and interesting copy that the membes in this zone may be interested in reading.

Being lost for input last year I decided to talk about the interest in "E" power in the zone and well, did I get crapped on by some glow guys over that.

Man, you can't win no matter what you do. They all complaign, but no one offers any help. So, your's is much appreciated.

Frank Weaver
fly S.M.A.L.L., have a BALL
MAAC 8408
Frank Weaver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.