Great Hobbies = great patience :( - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #81
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1
Re: Relax

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Poelzer
I think everyone needs to take a pill and relax - you're sounding like a bunch of self-centered American's. Did you forget we're a bunch of Canadians, eh?

Jim - keep up the great work. Great Hobbies rocks.
DX18 Stealth, H9 Inversa 33, H9 33% Edge, H9 33% Decathlon.
Terry Gauvin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:57 AM   #82
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Sorry but if you have a problem, maybe you should call

I was just wondering if the person who started this thread had contacted GH to see what was holding up his order? Great Hobbies is number one in my books, If I order something it is mostly in stock, if not it will be ordered and I will receive an email or phone call when it is in.

Jim, Gary, Craig and the rest of the staff have always be very helpful.
So if you have a complaint why not let them know so they can check into the problem.

Keep up the great work Guys and you to Wendy

Marvin MacLeod
MAAC 73273

I fly this way so you will have something to talk about
peiviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #83
Darren Spicer
RCC Apprentice
I am: Darren S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Great Patience

It would be a wonderful world if we could keep every item in stock all of the time. But we have to remember they are not the manufacturers of this stuff and are just one of hundreds of customers of these items. For the most part I am very happy with the service from GH. I have to admit there have been times when I also have become frustrated with them. But all it took was a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darren Spicer, Sussex N.B

If you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.
Darren Spicer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:48 PM   #84
RCC Apprentice

Never had a problem

I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with GH. I ordered a motor mount for a SuperTiger 2000, which in the end didn't fit. They had no problem taking it back and refunding the credit to my wifes credit card. ( I hate drastic plastic) I just ordered a new plane, and by mistake, forgot to mention that I wanted it sent as fast as possible. The verification came back for the order and I sent out an e-mail to change the order. I got an immediate response. Unfortunately it had already been shipped. I cannot complain about Gh's service, they have been great to me.
Busy is defined as your wife won't let you come out to play!!

Take the Dog approach

If you can't eat it or hump it,
P*ss on it and walk away
JamesP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #85
RCC Noob

Great Hobbies.

I must say that I am now spreading my business around. Everytime.. and I mean everytime I order from GH.. I have items on back order. I am not ordering any odd ball items.. just normal building supplies like iron socks, push rods, glue, that sort of stuff. When I questioned them about my orders they stated that sometimes they run out of stock from time to time. So I cancelled my backordered items. They were apologetic and ask if I would like anything else. I ordered two more items and guess what......they were on backorder. Blah !!!! I also ordered a G2 transmitter and waited two months for it. My flying buddy ordered it after me and received it in 5 days. Still one month before mine came. For bosting to be Canada's Largest Hobby shop, they sure do not have anything. I like Tower's web sight. It shows you if the item is in stock or on backorder. Maybe Gh could implement something like that. Too much hype and not enough stock! Just my experience. I do hope GH reads all these posts.

Dal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #86
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Stan M
# of RCs: 12.

I have had great service from GH. When I ordered an Airtronics radio, they bent over backwards to get me a frequency I could use at our field.
Other items I ordered got here as promised.
Quite chuffed.
"Beware the man who doesn't make time for oo-mox."
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #223
smark is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #87
RCC Expert Contributor

MAAC #50437
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:40 AM   #88
RCC Junior Contributor

Mark,if you're looking for fuel,try Maritime hobbies and crafts in Halifax.Talk to John Hatt.It's where I buy my fuel.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
ISGUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #89
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
This may have been stated already but, I can't figure out for the life of me why GH hasn't adapted a In Stock, Backorder, or out of stock and expeted arrival time on their website?? To me this would save alot of peoples frustration to go through the steps of placing an order only to get the email the next day that one or more items is backordered or out of stock. I mean I can guess why.....

Anyways to me this just makes sense. I have also deceided to take my orders elsewhere.

SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:06 PM   #90
RCC Apprentice

Originally Posted by AJCoholic
Great Hobbies also offers free shipping on orders over $100 with the MAAC deal, and they will match advertised prices in the MAAC mag.
Showing my ignorance here.... What's the "MAAC deal", I'm unfamiliar with that....

Originally Posted by AJCoholic
For the record I have had nothing but excellent service, and what I consider above average customer satisfaction with my dealings with Great Hobbies.
I have also ordered from them quite a bit and have the same experience, but as someone has already stated, an indicator on their site for "INSTOCK, OUT OF STOCK and BACKORDER" would be a great plus. I hope they do it.
Regards, John.
MAAC 33776.
My planes gotta be up there somewhere....
Hydroid is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.