Mix and Match TX chargers??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Mix and Match TX chargers???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I was wondering if you can mix and match brands of chargers with other brands of TX. Like Futaba tx/rx charger with JR tx. Of course the plugs will not fit, but all thats needed is to cut off the old plug and solder on the appropriate plug....or take out the female plug socket from the TX and put in the appropriate one.

Is this possible? Or is the TX circuitry the one that gives the charging and it must be in unicen with the wall charger? As you see I am confused and need some clearing up.

I had an old futaba wall tx/rx charger (that came with my Attack 4 tx) and my newest tx is from JR XF421ex but no charger. I was looking at the prices for a JR charger and I am not happy for what they sell it for. Thats why I wondered if I can combine the futaba charger with the JR tx...with some modification on the plugs.....if thats possible.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Oracle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
Watch out. The JR TX charging setup is the reverse of Futaba Hitec etc. ie. the centre and outside conductors are opposite. Serious damage will occur if you get it wrong.

Look carefully at the diagram on the transformer. It will show the + or - of the center of the plug and the + or - of the outside of the plug.

From another web site:Certain JR radio have reverse polarity, your JR radio noramlly includes a warning paper attachment.

A chart is on this page: http://www.phoenixmp.com/articles/crossedwires.htm
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Ah...very good to know that...and the link is excellent as well...thanks
Oracle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.