General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2005, 05:20 PM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Totally unmoderated sites suck. Way too much crap to wade through to get to the meat and potatoes.

As usuall, the few topics that bring out the worst in people seem to be the ones every one remembers and wants to talk about.

What about the thousands upon thousands of posts here on RCC that actually helped solve someone's problem, or described a fun fly just attended, or helped a newcomer to the hobby, or helped someone source a product... etc ect!??!?!? These things come and go daily, but for some reason the few "bad" topics that get carried away are remembered. Weird.

I like RCC the best. I visit other sites but I feel at home here.

PS I do also feel Jason has a right to moderate his site as he see's fit. I run a business, and although I invite the public into my shop, to hopefully get work from them, I have on occassion banned people from coming back onto my property when they behaved in a manner I didnt care for. Its still MY shop and I can say who and who is welcome. Same goes for RCC in my opinion.
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:01 PM   #32
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3
Well guys, the way I see it is that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I love a good debate...as long as there is no mud-slinging. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion, and this place is no different, as long as we remain courteous towards others. Also I treat this site as a family site, so some stuff just doesn't belong.

I have banned very few people...and I really hate doing it. The ones that have been banned, really pushed it. One guy went onto another site and bragged about how hard he had to work to get me to shut down a topic...when I saw this, I banned him, then he complained about not knowing what he had done to deserve it.

As far as removing stuff, I really try not to do so unless it is warranted. I have removed some topics by request which may or may not have had legal ramifications...I was not interested in finding out.

I'd love to make this site available for a place to discuss MAAC topics/issues, (remember the MAAC forum) but time and time again it has been proven that these topics go south fast. I think it's great that people are passionate about their opinions and people should be free to express them, but when it degenerates, which has been the pattern, they need to be locked down. Some have said that I censor, I look at is as maintaining order...everyone is entitled to their opinion.
One topic started this week about whether we needed MAAC or not. I thought the conversation was very well debated with a great result.

When it comes down to it, I love this site and I love working on this site. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it, cause the return is merely the enjoyment of the site. If people don't like the way things go here, well I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's easy not to type in www.rccanada.ca in a web browser.

A few pros and cons about running RCC:
- Meet lots of cool people
- Combine 2 of my hobbies (RC and computers)
- Help the RC hobby in Canada
- General satisfaction of having a successful site

- Threatened with a few lawsuits
- Called multiple bad things

So I think the pros still outweigh the cons.

Don't get me wrong guys, this post is not meant to be a complaint. I love this site and will continue to offer it as long as people continue to use it...

Let's keep in RC'ing!

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #33
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

[quote="Ed SmithActually no. If one is not prepared to hear differing opinions from people then do not invite them into your house or on to your website.
Ed S[/quote]

We often agree ED but, on this one I thnk we differ.

Using the home analogy, which I think is appropriate...; I am a social person and often invite people to my home. Sometimes they act in a manner that displeases me and I ask them to stop behaving this way. If they continue, I ask them to leave. If they refuse, I will have them removed. Luckily I haven't had to resort to the latter in a long time.

Jason ... lawsuits? There really are some unstable people out there.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #34
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 2
The Beginning of an Event ?

Hey that sounds like a great idea

Would it not be great to have an RC CANADA Fun Fly : : : :

Everyone could wear a name tag with their RC CANADA handle and their real name.

There could be RC CANADA fun flys all across the country.

Held annually.

Ronnieo already has the food list started.
SpaceCowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #35
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
......It would have to be a half way point for the western and eastern guys...and all the rccanada sponsors can put up some great raffle prizes...and trophies for the outrageous flights of the day...and fireworks at dusk for all....and music..hmmmmmmmmm...the vision. But when and where?
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #36
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

And we could call it a NATS................
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #37
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
..hmmof the day...and fireworks at dusk for all....and musicmmmmmmm...the vision. But when and where
Where? Ontario of course and the closer to Toronto, the centre of the universe, the better!!!

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #38
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jeff M

Sounds like an excuse for all you pampered easterners to come to Saskatchewan!!!! Pretty much the whole southern half is a flying site. Could we make it around harvest time, We could use the help on the combine
Unknown airport with Cessna 150 circling overhead, identify yourself."
Frequentcrasher is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:36 PM   #39
RCC Contributor

Okay...I agree with Jason on all accounts and most especially, Lets get to RC'en as we now have sunshine!!
Joe Di Profio Jr

MAAC 70927

"Am I Inverted.....Oh Crap!!"
jdiprofio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #40
RCC Expert Contributor

Re: The Beginning of an Event ?

Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
Hey that sounds like a great idea

Ronnieo already has the food list started.

HEy.... you leave MY food alone... go get your own!!!
Palmer Johnson
Jabba is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.