Just A Reminder GSM NOOSE Event - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2005, 02:46 AM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Just A Reminder GSM NOOSE Event

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What’s exciting in scale this year? Well first of all we have a Nationals in Chatham Ontario, second is that the scale rules have been revamped to reflect the need for more flying time for the competitors and new classes have been introduced that allow one to enter without having to be builder of the model.

Information on the Nationals can be found on the MAAC web site.

All disciplines in Scale will have 11 maneuvers total consisting of 5 mandatory and six optional.

In the non traditional classes that have been added you do not have to be builder of the model instead concentration is on the flying portion of competition with only 5 points given for static if you provide proof that the model existed in that color scheme. In other words Arfs, purchased subjects built by others as well as kits or scratch built will be allowed as long as it is scale.

In the past with the traditional scale classes’ one had to contend with building a suitable subject as well as learning to fly it. This can be quite daunting for first time competitors. Many of us kicked around ideas that would encourage flyers to try competition and at the same time reduce the amount of time one would have to invest in building a suitable subject and instead allow the competitor to concentrate on the flying portion. The reasoning was to actually get modelers involved in flying and participating in competition and once the interest was there the building part would naturally follow as the competitor became more confident of their abilities.

With this in mind and with the support of one of the clubs in Sudbury I would like to invite those of you who would like to give competition a try to attend a pre Nats Scale Event on July 2nd and 3rd at the Greater Sudbury Modelers Club. The link to their web site is http://www.greatersudburymodelers.com/ and there are details on the club, field and the event which will be called NOOSE for Northern Ontario Open Scale Event.

The rules for the event can be found on my web site at:
In the rules are supplements for the pilots and judges giving examples of the common maneuvers and some of the things judges will be looking for during your flight to determine your flight score.

Scale has been stagnant in Canada for some time. There is no data base for scale judges. I am hoping that as well as introducing some new pilots to scale competition we can start working towards training judges and creating a data base from which to draw for future contests. If there are any experienced Scale judges who would like to help out please contact me at denpratt@cogeco.ca your help would be greatly appreciated. Any who might be interested in possibly becoming a judge contact me and I can try and work you into the group.

For those who are thinking of competing I will be there not as a judge or competitor but to help the judges, pilots and callers become familiar with what they would be required to do if in fact they choose to attend the Nationals. I am hoping to arrive on the Friday July 1st prior to the event and will try to spend my day at the field answering questions, on flying and calling and any questions the judges may have.

Let’s promote all scale all the time!

Dennis Pratt
MAAC 52272-L
Member Scale Committee
Member Open Combat Committee
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.