RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2005, 01:04 AM   #161
paul svec
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Paul S

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good morning Randy,
did you have a nice sleep??...
How was your flying on Saturday? If you win it's time to move up!!!
Are you flying your Katana?
Say hi to all friends.....I see even Sam and Dave made Jim B. there as well?
Good luck to you all from Europe,where temperature yesterday hit 39 degrees.

paul svec is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #162
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Thanks to Lee P, Craig K, Kevin M and all the others responsible for a fantastic weekend at the NOIC!

These guys, and the rest of the Sudbury Club, really went all out to provide a really fun and memorable weekend for everyone!

Despite the fact I was praying to the great white toilet bowl gods on Friday night until almost 1.00 AM, [How do you spell relief!] ] after getting some food poisoning somewhere earlier on Friday on the way up, I too had a great time!

To those who missed it, :P you got to come next year!

Here is one of the pictures I took. "His Knobship" did not fly in the contest, but he did find a good use for one of Andrews tail covers when we we had a short rain delay early Sunday morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0165a_473.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	10348  
Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #163
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
NOIC Wrap Up

A full and detailed report will follow, but I got to say WOW what a great weekend

A huge thanks go to our sponsors, who without their donations and help events such as these just couldn't happen I will list them on the NOIC Post Report thread (to follow).

A huge thanks to our 31 registered competitors who travelled from all over Ontario to attend our competition.

Another huge thanks to all of the helpers and cooks and others who will be mentioned in our post game report

LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #164
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
I didnt think the SOB was going to print the picture!
That laughing face in the background is Bisson Jr,and he and Mike better remember I was once young slim and handsome too.........
We really could not have had a better event and notes are being taken and ideas floated already for next year.
On behalf of the zone I need to thank the "pros" from the south who drove so far too participate ,the prize donors,the two clubs who provided the seed money and bodies on the day,and particularly Lee and Craig who are getting really smooth about running these events.
The weather more than cooperated,CTV participated,we had no serious accidents,the judging improved and the I think the right people won in each class.
I really could rave on for some length but suffice it to end with a big Northern Ontario thank You to all who made NOIC/05 such fun and a roaring success.
Oh ......and for all who asked,I did get home with both white shirts mustardless
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #165
RCC Master Contributor
I am: James B

ditto from me on the congrats. Another great event Craig and Lee. Many others helped out to make this a huge success and again the comradery and support from fellow flyers was incredible. Knowledge is constantly gained from these events and I can't wait to go to the Nats and also to return next year to the NOIC.

Some memorable comments from NOIC '05!

Giddy UP!

That's the fastest roll I've never seen.

Do you know where you're going? NOPE!
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #166
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Yes, I had a great time (albeit I was tired the whole weekend). It was great to see some excellent flying - shows me what I have to try and work towards.

The social atmosphere of the whole weekend was as much fun as the flying for me too

If anyone reading this knows Mike Milos' address or speaks to him, I need his mailing address to send him some turbine related materials...
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #167
Dennis 9412
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4

Despite the fact I was praying to the great white toilet bowl gods on Friday night until almost 1.00 AM, [How do you spell relief!] ]

How do you spell relief! My wife told me that she heard you calling "Ralph" all night, so I kinda thought that was it!! ( Walls are thin at the Knight's Inn, and Mike was in the next room).

Great weekend! I had a great time, my wife had a great time meeting old friends from last year and new friends this year.

Two Thumbs up for Lee & Craig!!

Dennis DuBois
MAAC 9412L
IMAC 3821
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #168
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

My hats off to all the people that helped out at the event..they did a great job just like last year.. great FUN people those guys up NORTH are

I realy sat back back and watch what everyone was doing..everyone surley was having a ball.

I myself like to thank Donny and Mikey for telling me what I was doing wrong

and I cant wait to hear how Mike gets even with Kevin when Kevin was laughing when mike was hugging the bowl

Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #169
RCC Contributor
I am: Sam Filippelli

Lee and Craig,

Just wanted to say thanks, and to let you know that I had a great time. You both did an excellent job of running things, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

See you this weekend in Chatham.

Sam Filippelli
MAAC # 40005
IMAC # 3534
samsrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #170
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Don M

Total Props: 3
Hey guys,
The Cambrian club sure made the trip pleasant for us. You guys should be pretty proud of your accomplishments-- that is a great turnout for only your second contest.
It's not only good flying that makes a good contest, it's all the extras too- like the Saturday night dinners, etc etc!
You secured some great sponsors that really added to your event- many thanks to them.
A personal thanks to the organizing team- Lee, Craig, Kent for that very nice personal letter. A really nice touch.
This event should only get bigger and better (get ready guys!)
Don McLellan
Hope to see you at the Chatham contest this September!
goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.