Help Choosing the PERFECT ark400 ccpm powerplant - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Help Choosing the PERFECT ark400 ccpm powerplant

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey folks

Im in the midst of building a eccpm carbon ark 400 and am trying to descide on its power plant.

Judging from reviews ive read from Trex owners (as there hasnt been alot of descided input from the ark community yet) Ive settled on a couple of choices

Lehner 1020/17 being one of them ( basically because people say its the luxury car of 400 size helis)
and the aon 3500 being the second based on 's reviews and others it seems to offer more bang for the buck coupled with governing mode stability with the CC35 I intend to use.

I want the setup to have power on demand for pattern manuvers but allow a current draw in slow sunday flight that allows for more then 5 mins of flight time.

Battery reccomendations would be helpful as well

If I could get some input from owners of these 2 motors Id greatly appreciate it, especially if youve flowen with a carbon ccpm setup

I initially thought about the justgofly motors but the problems you folks have been reporting with CC35 governing has scared me away from them completely

anyhow any input on these and other motors would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

If it flys I could have built it, but im certainly not controling it !
Petey is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jeffrey T

I have a CC-PHX35 and JGF 400dh on my CCPM T-REX (virtually the same as the ARK) and I use the governor without any problems using the latest software it works fine. I havent used those two motors you are asking about, I've read that both are pretty good for 3D.

For battery choices: most people go 3-cell 2000mah+. If you want a 3d setup, you could consider 4,5 cell. Any higher than 3 cell and you'll also need to use a BEC with the CC-PHX35.

If you want the PERFECT ESC you should probably get the Kontronik Jazz, but the CC35 will work great.

Anyway, your questions would be better answered on Runryder, IMHO. There is a dedicated ARK forum there.
JeffElecRC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

Jeff you use governor mode with a CC35 esc???? How and what are your settings I have tried all and mine hunts all over the place!?
Oilman72 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.