Servo Twitch - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0
Servo Twitch

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello all.

I was hoping that someone could enlighten me on the topic of servo twitching...

I have just purchased a JR 8103H Tx package with a r700 receiver and 5 DS811 servos. Upon receiving the package I had plugged in all the servos into the receiver, turned on the Tx (set it to PPM to match receiver), and tried playing with the servos.

I noticed that all the servos work to the extent of their travel and respond pretty well, however, when I am not moving the sticks I am getting a small twitching among various servos at various times.

Anyone know why this is happening? ... and why?

hermes2019 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

Hi there.

I have JR 783 and JR 652 transmitters as well as several R600 and R700 receivers. I also have a Hitec Supreme 7 channel receiver and a JR 549 receiver. (all analog servos)

I too have seen the servo jitter. However, I have only seen it on the R700 receiver indoors when my TX antenna was down, near the model (< 10 feet away). I don't recall seeing it outside.

I've never been able to really pin down what's causing it, but so far it seems to be isolated to the R700 receiver. Anybody have any further experiences? :

MAAC# 19744
AMA # 777559
waynek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I have heard it might be fluorescent lighting try it outside.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

You may be swamping the RX by being too close with the TX. Try backing away and give it a try.

Sometimes when a batt comes off a charger the voltage is still high and the RX can't tolerate it. this is usually more prevalant with 5-cell packs. Try running the servoes for a few minutes to drop the voltage.

Corroded connectors could also be possibility.

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.