Blade CP - any hobby store in Canada have this in stock ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Blade CP - any hobby store in Canada have this in stock ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good morning guys,

Yesterday I lost power in a rain storm, and had no computer... while sitting there I started jotting down figures, and realize that I may hold off on the T-Rex

I figure I would be spending a good $1,000 to get this heli built, and that doesn't even figure in any costs for repairs which I know would be coming down the line.

When I started figuring all of the money out, the Blade CP is looking rather attractive at less than $300 Canadian which includes everything to fly, - including the radio. It's all built, and ready to fly. Put 8 AA batteries in the radio, and you are flying.

I know the Blade CP is nowhere as nice as the T-Rex, are are completely different beasts, but the thought and realization of spending $1,000 on a heli set int last night, and I am putting my dreams of buying a T-Rex on hold for now.

Another thing I was think of is this, once you get into the $1,000 range, I might as well go with a larger heli that is gas powered, - not that I would, but it's something one needs to think about as an option.... once you get into those big numbers of $$, the gas should be thought about when making a decision.

Ah geez... that T-Rex is so nice too. I planted a money tree last year, but it has given me nothing but rotten apples this year

Edit: darn I forgot to ask my question .....
Does anyone know if any hobby store has the Blade CP in stock ?

I am figuring not.... GreatHobbies ( probabally the largest hobby store in Canada ? ) has them on backorder, and they are not expected in until September..... so with that in mind, I would find it hard to believe anyone else would have them in stock, but I thought I would ask anyway.
Frosty is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Naomi SL

Check with Hobby Hobby.. 905 858-7978 They should have them in stock.
Click here to fill in your LOCATION!! in you profile

Reccession Hurts? Click here to vote

(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=) (='.'=)
(")_(") (")_(")

Vital Stats:
Started R/C Airplane since 1975
Started R/C Helicopter since 2001
Heli_Gal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
RCC Contributor

Hi Frosty,

If you don't mind to get a USED T-Rex, I have seen a few on eBay with everything RTF (including Tx and Triton charger) for like US$500.

For example:

Also remember the initial investment in this hobby is usually high coz most of the $$ go to the radio equipment and accessories (like a charger, gyro and battery packs etc). Those equipment has a pretty good resale value, and if you've decided to quit heli flying in the future, you can easily sell them to regain some of your investment. Comparing to a $300 Blade CP, I don't think their stock equipment will have any resale value. Just my own opinion.

Do some research and you will probably find some good deals on the internet.

Also fyi, I know some eBay stores have the Blade CP in stock if that interests you.

Hope it helps.
Heli-Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
RCC Noob

Hey Frosty,

I am entering the world of Heli's myself and the Hobby store in my area alway have the Blade CP in stock. Store is PM Hobbycraft, there website is undergoing reconstruction ATM but here is their # (403) 291-2733. Hope it helps.
Grumbar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3

If you're interested in a Shogun, I'll give you a good deal on the package below:

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #6
nortern rebel
RCC Noob
I am: edward j
Radio of choice:
futaba 12z
# of RCs: 15

Hi Frosty Discount Hobbies at 1803 st joesph blvd Orleans Ont has the blade in stock.
nortern rebel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.