MAAC Nats RC Scale Combat results - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dan P

Total Props: 0
MAAC Nats RC Scale Combat results

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Time to post results for RC scale combat!

Thanks to all the contributors who helped me organize it, Ted "T-Dog" Banks, Gary "Bent" Del Bel Belluz, Dave "Crosscheck" Fallowfield, and Dave "Sideslip" Plank

Thanks also to Gerry Shaw who provided us with everything we needed to run a successful event, including a raffle prize for the pilots, Richard Barlow for making an appearance and helping out in line judging, and Palmer "Jabba" Johnson for the 1000s of pictures shot, and of course all the other volunteers who gave there time in making this event a success.

All pilots had great planes, and only one plane was turned away for being too heavy (which is ok because the pilot had 3 spares). A few pilots had to take an exacto knife to there wings to meet wingspan requirements, and I almost had Keith "lightning" Jones on his extended wing Spitfire. I didn't even know it existed until he provided me with documentation! Don "Hollywood" Veres did manage to slip one by me: I didn't realise until after the meet that the Sea Fury was never delivered until September 1946! A beautiful plane and nice flyer nonetheless Don!

Okay, enough of the formalities, here are the results:

1 Alex "Midair" Plarina 1546
2 Don "Hollywood" Veres 1412
3 Dave "Sideslip" Plank 1224
4 James "Headshot" Lawless 1040
5 Ted "T-Dog" Banks 1036
6 Jeff "Headshot" Decaluwe 832
7 Bryan "Mach 1" Mailloux 832
8 Gary "Bent" Del Bel Belluz 508
9 Jon "McGyver" Holmes 475
10 Keith "Lightning" Jones 464
11 Dave "Crosscheck" Fallowfield 400
12 Ken "Sparky" Parks 220
13 Tino "Airwolf" Lorusso -176

Best Scale went to my Ta-152H1 entered by Dave "Sideslip" Plank.

Note that for Ken "Sparky" Parks and Tino "Airwolf" Lorusso, this was there first combat meet, and definitely wont be their last! Good show lads!

We had a blast, and hopefully, Jabba will post some pics on this thread so you can all see the carnage that was left after the battle.
Dan "Buzz" Paluzzi
MAAC# 38730
Secretary/Treasurer Humber Valley RC Flyers
MAAC R/C Scale Combat Committee
Buzz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Put Sparky's name down for Nat 2006 eh!

Go ahead and write my name down "Ken Park" in perminent ink for the 2006 Nationals. It was a fantastic experience for a Scale Combat Newbie.

My past experience with combat has been mainly with club style scrambles in the open combat class-B. We normily fly much further out and much higher. I think I'll be more ready next year. As always I'll be there for the FUN and I do hope to improve my score in 2006. That shouldn't be too hard.

I think I'll stick with my own design the ME-109 and will probably be a good idea to have at least a pair of them for 2006. Lesson Learned!

I really wish I didn't live so far away from the Scale Combat world of Southern Ontario. But the 7 hour car trip and the price of gas limits me to the Nats for my summer vaction.

I hope people notice we Combat boys have had pages and pages of very postive "non-winny" Nat coments on Rc-Canada. This positive way should be a great recruitment for next years Scale Combat Nats. Hmmm
Scale Combat = Fun!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corome109c_129.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	10662  
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
2006 Nats

Ken, I know I can speak for the three Detroiters when I say it was a pleasure a) meeting you and b) taking your streamers!
We look forward to a re-match next year!
Hopefully we can wake up a few more Open combatants and get them to register BEFORE the cut-off.
I was hoping to chase your Dracos - they look like a fun plane.
Keith J
Secretary-Radio Control Club of Detroit
RCCA member #622
AMA# 717601
Ex-MAAC (Oshawa)
lightning is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:09 PM   #4
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9
Nats/New computer Test

Just seeing if this new computer is hooked up right....
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.