Eclipse 7 shared switches - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
Friesen 5
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mervin Friesen
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Eclipse 7 shared switches

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I posted this on the Hitec forum, and am posting it here for even greater feedback.

I have a new Eclipse 7. In reading the manual, I see that landing and flight condition 2 are on the same switch. Elevator to flap and condition 1 are on the same switch. Pmix 4 and and aileron to rudder and rudder D/R share the same switch. Pmix 5 and condition 3 are on the same switch. Gear and Pmix 3 are on the same switch. In other words, each switch controls several functions.

So my question is - Do both functions work simultaneously when that switch is on? Or does one take priority over the other.

For example - If both landing and condition 2 are activated, must the set up in condition 2 be for the landing setup?

The answer may be in the manual but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe someone can give an example on how to use the shared switches.

Nice radio! My initial likes are the flight timer, landing function, and engine lock. I'm flying a Hot Dawg and have activated landing, E-F, and Pmix 1 (M-R, S-E) for knife-edge flight.

Mervin Friesen
Friesen 5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Wayne J

Both functions would operate when that switch is on. To take your example, if you have activated the landing function to deploy flaps (and compensating elevator to control unwanted pitch changes), you could use flight condition 2 to adjust roll rate or pitch sensitivity. Many planes become more sluggish in roll when using flaps. You could increase the roll rates to compensate. Flight condition overrides the main dual rate and expo switches by the way. If you want to set up a flight condition that could possibly conflict with the landing function you would choose a different condition, probably #3 since it operates using a different switch. I had mine set up to use flight condtion #3 as a triple rate for even higher rates on rudder, elevator and ailerons on my Somethin' Extra. When I wanted the thing to get really snakey I hit that switch with all rates set to 125%, very convenient. Another thing to watch out for too is that if you have trim input for any of the controls, you will need to re-trim when using flight condition for the first time. The normal trim positions are not automatically transferred over to flight condition. I hope this helps, any other questions, fire away. I love Hitec equipment. I have had their Prism 7X, Flash 5X, Laser 4, Eclipse 7 and Optic 6, not to mention their receivers and servos. I still have the Eclipse and the Optic, although I have a buyer for the Eclipse ( I prefer the Optic 6 actually, even with one less channel, it is a very flexible system). I also have the Futaba 9CAP as well. All transmitters worked flawlessly and only got sold as I bought more capable radios. The 9CAP and Optic 6 are keepers however!

Jollidude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor

lmao what did i get myself into that eclipse radio well lets say i read manual and that got me no were lol

so i am taking my plane and my new radio over to your house for you to setup

lmao J/K

i got it all down pat

you dont need to be a rocket appliance to figure it out

Rule Number 1 - RenoRacer is always right.
Rule Number 2 - If RenoRacer is wrong, see Rule Number 1.
RenoRacer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.