RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mark P

Total Props: 0
Cap X and ZDZ 40

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey guys, anyone out there with a Chip Hyde capx and a ZDZ 40 setup? I Know your out there as I read a few threads on the matter. What I am looking for is a breif description as to installation. I was wanting to run a gas setup in this bird yet maintaining cowl preservation.

Any info on a setup based on a DA or ZDZ would be greatly appreciated. side or rear ignition, Muffler style, performance etc. Pics would be of interest as well.

Thanks in advance,

highlights is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
always flying
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Manny H
Radio of choice:
Futaba 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 8

Hello there,

I have a capx with a ZDZ's a perfect won't have any problems installing the are some pics..if you have any questions just let me know i'll see if i can help!! plane fly's good as long as your rates are set right or this is a snappy little bugger!!!!

cheers manny h
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_271_104.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	10715   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_084a_121.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	10716   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_085a_107.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	10717  
always flying is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mark P

Total Props: 0
Looks good. What type of muffler did you get to work with it?

I see that most of the cowling is intact. Not the same can be said for those who are using the DA 50

So when you say snappy, you mean traditional cap snap? I hoped that much of that was designed out. Oh well I don't really care. I have flown caps before so am familiar with the wing dropping suddenly. I know there are much better arfs out there that may or may not fly as well. However this plane is just such a little sweetheart. I had to have it. For a hotter larger ship I fly extra and edges. This little bird will satisfy my craving for a cap.

So when you say to set the rates right , whats a good measure? Whats your CG. How were the suggested rates as per the manual?

PS what size prop are you running on the ZDZ40?
highlights is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.