Funtana 90S - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
ARF / ARC Aircraft Discuss anything and everything ARF or ARC related.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #11
Ramz-to-tha-Z

Total Props: 0
ys

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The YS fits the stock mounts perfectly and it is fairly light. It swings a 16x6 APC at the recommended RPM or even higher, depending on the nitro content. If you do go with the YS110, you'll have to put your battery on the firewall, go pull pull on the rudder and possibly move the throttle servo forward approx 5 inches to achieve the correct balance.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #12
scaleguy
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-24
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 59
Steven,

Be warned these, (YS 1.10 FZ), are a high maintenance engine and like 30% heli fuels at $40+ a gallon
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678

Windy you ask? I have Whitecaps on my Coffee, YOU be the Judge!
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #13
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
Steven,

Be warned these, (YS 1.10 FZ), are a high maintenance engine and like 30% heli fuels at $40+ a gallon
Aren't all YS like that...high maintenance and like 30% heli mix?
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:58 AM   #14
Ramz-to-tha-Z

YS high maintanance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cann
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleguy
Steven,

Aren't all YS like that...high maintenance and like 30% heli mix?
I don't think they are high maintenance as I rarely hear of actual problems with the internal components. I think alot of guys replace the diaphragm and set the valves on occassion however i wouldn't consider this as high maintenance. However you do ususally hear about guys having tuning probolems but I think this is due to a lack of understanding on how to tune them. Their's tons and tons of YS tuning info on the web...you just gotta look for it. As for the 30% heli fuel, yes they do work really well on that fuel however they do not need it. Mine runs fine on 10% and it will hover a F90 without any problems. I am going to run 25% becuase I want the extra power, not becuase I need it.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #15
Kent F
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kent f
Radio of choice:
J R 9303

Steve am running the f90 with a 120 sc and tuned pipe. Flew it in the Soo meet in May weekend.. Needs to be very light and powerful and balanced or the l landings are horrific.. It floats forever John G in our club has had some exciting experiences with his new F90 and ys11o make sure the engine is run in and solid before you fly it.email me or call if you want to discuss this plane have put about 200 flights on mine Kent Kabbro
Kent F is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #16
Kent F
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: kent f
Radio of choice:
J R 9303

Steve am running the f90 with a 120 sc and tuned pipe. Flew it in the Soo meet in May weekend.. Needs to be very light and powerful and balanced or the l landings are horrific.. It floats forever John G in our club has had some exciting experiences with his new F90 and ys11o make sure the engine is run in and solid before you fly it.email me or call if you want to discuss this plane have put about 200 flights on mine Kent Kabbro
Kent F is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #17
x-planker
RCC Contributor

I am: kevin b
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1
I'm putting together another one of these planes. I'm goin with the new Saito 125 for power, should be a great combo

Team Skycraft Hobbies_Outrage Volocity N2_Protos 500_Blade 450x_Aeroworks Edge 540
x-planker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #18
green@3D
RCC Contributor

I am: Brian R

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-planker
I'm putting together another one of these planes. I'm goin with the new Saito 125 for power, should be a great combo
That would be my choice also. I have one now with a saito 120. It flies well, and will pull out of a hover. sometimes I think just a touch more power would be good though (I only run 15%)
Old 01-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #19
SJrcflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
I would like to try one on an OS 125. I think that would be a sweet combo. I tried mine on a YS120, and an OS 1.6. The OS 125 I think would be perfect.
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #20
Fox 22
RCC Junior Contributor

I have an F90 running a YS 120, and it flies awesome, never had any issues with the engine, and I just run it on the same stuff I run all my planes on - 10% omega, and it seems very happy. I am the third owner of this engine and it is still one of the best running engines i have ever seen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in