Back into planes - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Back into planes

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well Im new to this site, but I have been into RC since I was about 11 years old. I guess its been 20 years now. I started out with cars/buggies. Then as I got older i got into Planes. Then I had kids. didn't have much time to go flying so I got into Nitro cars/trucks. My kids are 5 and 4 now and I decided they were at the age that I could take them flying with me. I decided to get into Electric planes. I have a Gws tiger moth 3d and e-starter. I decided that they just didnt have that performance i was use to. So i decided to get a couple of thunder tiger electric planes. I have an Expo 3d and a christian eagle 3d. The Expo has a brushless system with 3 lipo pack. This plane is amazing. It will do all the 3d tricks as good as a Nitro plane. With rates set a min in acts like a trainer easily controllable an floats like a ballon, with rates set at maxx its incredible. The Christian eagle is even more maneuverable even with the stock power system it will perform outstanding, although its not for a begginer. Both of these planes are the worlds best kept secret. You want a great 3d plane than look no further. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to a member on this site. His site name is Ironside. He is a great person and I got my fist electric plane off of him. He gave me some great pointers to make my first "come back" flight a great one. Well thats my story and Im glad to be back into it.
RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
RCC Expert Contributor

Welcome to the RC Canada site. It is truly a great resource populated by great people. Lots of shared knowledge here!
It's also kinda addictive.
MAAC 50249

Planes, Pedals, and Motorcycles! (In that order!)

I stopped being politically correct when I found out that some people were offended by it.
nosedive is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Sonic Boomer
RCC Contributor

Re: back into planes

Good to read your post, I too have just rejoined the ranks after a 5 year break due to career/business time restrictions. Things haven't changed much in that regard, but I have missed flying AND the guys in our local club. I started out with control line planes on my own as a kid in Brantford, Ont in the early 60's - got my stuff at the Big Top hobby shop - how many remember the store? It was when Brantford actually HAD a downtown! Crashed lots, no experienced help. Then sidelined for many years, bought R/C equipment as an adult in Calgary after I quit motorcyle racing - H.P. SiverStar.40 from PMS Hobbies, RCM Trainer 40, and Kraft electronics. Learned to fly at C.R.A.M.S. field in Ogden. No crashes, but had to put things as life events took a turn for the worse (marriage failure, non R/C related). Sidelined again and sold my stuff a few years later to a friend who was getting back into R/C. Started again with new equipment in '92 with H.C.R.C.C. in Saskatoon - good guys, great field. Got into precision aerobatics, great for skill development and flying with a plan. Involved with club executive for several years, but had to take a break when I left the employ of others to start my own business venture - hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been boring. Rejoined the club about a month ago, went for one flight with one of the club instructors to check for skill degradation and found to my pleasant surprise it is 'still there' ! So I dug out the equipment, bought new battery packs and away we go. Aerobatics is still my primary interest, but leaning more towards Scale than Precision. Love BIG planes and BIG engines, but still have small budget. Life. I have learned to do the best I can with what I got and leave my dreams with the One who knows best. One of the club members told me about RCC, so I have checked it out - GREAT SITE - to be able to share in this great 'hobby' with others across the country gives me a sense of a much larger club involvement, brings back memories when I see postings from people in places I used to live. IN short, its good to be here Boomer
Sonic Boomer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.