wanted 1/4 scale twin plans - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
wanted 1/4 scale twin plans

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have been all over the internet in what seems like a big circle and still could not find what i was looking for...

Can anyone direct me to a good site where i can view some plans and drawings on 1/4 scale twin engines. (Gas Engines)
I have a pair or 32's CC and i would like to see what my NEXT project could look like

MAAC Member
Arnprior RC Club Secretary
Giants, Heli's, Biplanes, Gremlin's
I'll fly anything at least ONCE!!!
B-25 Mitchell (101")
jessy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6

I would consider looking at Ziroli plans maybe for quarter scale.
cassat is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Depends what you mean by quarter scale.If you mean a larger size twin gas powered model that is one thing.
If you mean a true one quarter scale of something like a B25,or D18 ,or DC3 that is going to be one big model.
Assuming you mean larger gas models of real airplanes that could be powered by your 32cc gassers (McCullogh conversions?) then check out the Hosteller and Zirolli web sites.
Large projects like any of these are not for the faint of heart,or those with an anemic budget.
Since retracts for any of the above can easily run 500$ or more you may want ot look at fixed gear large models like the twin otter for example.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor

Like Kevin said, these models are going to cost some $$$ to complete. The wood kit is going to be around $400, but you have to remember that the fiberglass parts and other plastic parts are separate - thats going to run you another $2-300, especially since you are looking for a TWIN engine plane. The retracts for a model of this size is going to be ASTRONOMICAL in price because of the weight of the plane. At 35lbs or so, those retract struts have a lot to hold up. To put things in perspective - I have been researching Wendell Hostetler's 182 skylane. Its a single engine, fixed gear. The nose strut ALONE is $250 - and its FIXED. Then you need wheels, and for saftey's sake I will put breaks on there as well - another $250. It all adds up

KC8QVO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

XP-67 Moonbat Twin

How about something totally radical like the XP-67 Moonbat.
I have 70" drawings. Recently, I sent out a 100" wingspan set to a serious modeler in Australia! Scan the net and send me an email if your interested.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.