Super Tiger 3000 frustrations - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 AM   #21
RCC Contributor
I am: Den O.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14SG, 7C

Total Props: 4

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
forgot to can't beat STs prices for the superior quality and long life. offence to the OS guys. Some people actually believe more money means better quality
d_orgera is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #22
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Can someone clear tis up for me. I can run straight Methal Hydrate and castor mix in my new ST 3250 and this wont hurt the engine at all? If so what would be the proper mix. I just bought the ST 3250 for The RC Guys Pitts S1.

Thanks Steve
New Liskeard, Ont
G159 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #23
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Steve............strongly suggest you only use fuel intended for the large Supertigres.It is usually called ST or SuperT and is low oil (14% I think)no nitro content intended specifically for the big Tigres which are high compression engines and dont like much if any Nitro content.
Tower hobbies and their affiliated companies have the distribution rights for North America for ST and sell fuel they call large Super T which is made for them I believe by Morgan fuels under the cool power name.
You will have read some negative opinions re large ST break in and mid range and they can be a bear to break in and set up.
However with time on a test stand and patience the 3250 in particular can be a really pleasant engine to own,and yes I did own one and ran it very successfully.
If all else fails send the little bugger to me and I will get it running for you probably with the help of MR Motor AKA Cec Marshall..........
Please resist advice to change to OS carbs and other instant fixes........they arent necessary IMO.......... What muffler are you going to use?
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #24
RCC Noob

I'm going to use a bisson Pitts muffler. It all should be here by the time I get back from South America in a couple of weeks. I will keep ypu posted as to how I make out.

G159 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Gregg L
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

I used a 2500 in a Barkley Tigermoth for years.The fuel i settled on was 10% coolpower ,cut with a gallon of methyl hydrate,I added a couple of ounces of Sig Lubricin.I don't know if it is availible any more bbut bring the oil back up to at least 12%.If you have a smoke trail you have enough oil.I ran it inverted and I found the best plug a Fox miracle plug,whatever plug you decide it must be hot and no idle bar.
The ST Mag carb is one of the best . The reason people were putting the OS on was to try and get more RPM out of the 3000. This is an exercise in futility as the the internal porting was never changed from the 2000 on up and that restricts the RPM the most.

Started with nothing,got most of it left
MAAC 11800
Inroad is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #26
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Jean B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 40+

Super Tiger Biggie

I flew a ST 3000 for 3 years esperimenting with a few things to improve performance. The first year I developped great armstrong muscles. Then I changed two basic things. I increased the fuel line to "big" and went to ST fuel. What a difference it made. The big ST suddenly became a reliable engine to be enjoyed. Later, I substituted the card to a 7D. On the second flight I damaged the front top of the carb. So out with the grinder (dremel) and I carved out the damaged part leaving a large "U" shaped opening with air now striking the back of the carb opening and then straight into the carb to mix with the fuel. The engine would now 4 cyc. on low rpm as for landing approach. What a nice sound.

This engine is now going into a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 76" span.

Check your fuel line for size.
Gelcoat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.