IMAC/3D in the winter... keeping brush(less)ed up - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bob the Builder

Total Props: 0
IMAC/3D in the winter... keeping brush(less)ed up

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Any of you fellas fly in the winter? I just ordered myself a largish foamy that's supposed to be an IMAC/3D machine to keep me on my toes. The plane I ordered is supposed to be awesome at high speeds... no hunting. It's supposed to snap and spin like a 40%. Supposed to 3D like a 40%. Supposed to generally kick all forms of posterior. I got:

3DFoamies SuperExtra 1.14m w/ Optional bowed carbon gear
Hacker A20-22L
CC Phoenix 25
Deans Micro Connectors
Berg 6Ch RX
Still deciding on batteries... thinking Falcon 1600s or 2200s.

If there's interest on here I'll post reports of the project... should be a nice practice ship.
OverTemp is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
IMAC winter

So where do you plan on flying? Once it gets below zero, LiPos suck, so gyms are the place to go.
I have a Flatana Cap 580, an Ikarus Super Fly and a couple of my own designs that I will be using this winter. The Ikarus will do the full Sportsman routine (except I have to work on the throttle in spins) so i can't wait to get that one going. Not sure on the Cap but it sure looks pretty!

I know that James Bisson and his dad are planning on getting a gym on a regular basis as is Gavin in Barrie (Ideal Hobbies). We will be looking for a regular site in Sudbury.

Maybe a mini IMAC competition is in the offing For sure we will be having a fun fly sometime in January or February.
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bob the Builder

Total Props: 0
Oh, I also have the Shockflyer F3A on a Axi 2208/34 and a couple Shockflier Yaks to build... they'll share a LittleScreamer.

I just wanted an outdoor plane to take out on the warmer days since we can only get the gym on Friday afternoons. It doesn't get near as cold here as it does in Sudburry... we flew the Shockies outside a good bit last winter, but they aren't the same as a larger purpose-built outdoor electric (read heavier and with airfoil).

As for the LiPos, we found that Apogee packs seem to work fairly well when it's cold out.

I am ALL UP for a winter indoor IMAC/Freestyle/3D competition. Kingston has a soccer dome that they charge $20 for 3 hours of flying on Sat mornings... that would be sweet for some sort of event... maybe we could work a deal for longer/cheaper rates. Unfortunately I'm too busy to work on it right now, some someone else would have to spearhead the project.
OverTemp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.