Cost of joining MAAC - Page 13 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #121
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi all after much thought and since Chuck (Usedtobechair) and Palmer (Jabba) have insisted on continually using this topic and forum to stump for Chucks candidacy for the position of Zone Director for the South West Zone I feel that I must post to announce that I intend to run for Zone Director for the South West Zone as well. This will be the only post on this matter from me and it is simply an information post. Below is the letter I have circulated throughout the zone explaining why I am running. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me privately and I hope I will be able to answer them satisfactorily.

Dennis Pratt

Originally Posted by Propworn

My name is Dennis Pratt member of the Sun Parlor RC Flyers of Windsor and I am running for Zone Director for the Southwest Zone (Zone M) at the London Swap meet on October 16 2005. Your support would be greatly appreciated.

It would appear at this time that Gerry Shaw will not run again as Zone Director. I think it is important that all the members in the zone know that at present they have two choices for the position, myself or Chuck Smith. At this time I am not aware of any other candidates.

As Zone Director I feel I could bring a fresh outlook and attitude to the AGM and the board. I am hoping to help create a level of cooperation at the board level between all the zones that seems to have been missing these last years. I firmly believe that a Zone Directors’ first responsibility is to support and promote members, clubs and their activities in his zone and to place less import to the political entrapments of these past years.

You may contact me directly at or by phone at (519) 966-0296 if you have any questions. If you are not attending and have not arranged for someone to carry your proxy to the zone meeting and would like to support my bid as zone director you will have to sign your closed proxy to Roger Damore MAAC # 5782 and fax it to me at (519) 966-0296. Both proxy forms are attached. Please read the differences between the open and closed proxy forms before filling any out as explained below.

Dennis Pratt
2714 Bramley Crescent
Windsor Ontario
N8W 4X4
(519) 966-0296
M.A.A.C. 52272-L

Something you should be aware of if you have signed a proxy.

An open proxy once signed hands over control of your vote to the proxy holder. You then depend on their judgment on your behalf in all matters that will come up at the Zone Meeting.

There is an alternative and that is called a closed proxy. The difference is that you have given the proxy holder specific instructions on how he is to vote on your behalf. If you look at the attachment you will notice that there is both an open and closed proxy attached. Where the open proxy states the holder will vote using his or her discretion the closed proxy states the holder will “vote on your behalf in the manner described below.” This means your vote will be counted exactly as you have stated it or not at all. For instance on the closed proxy you could fill in “Cast my vote in support of _________________ for Zone Director of the Southwest Ontario Zone (Zone M). Your proxy could only be used to support the candidate of your choice and could not be changed for any reason to support someone else. You may also give specific voting direction on all known issues that will be brought to the zone meeting.

You may change or withdraw your proxy for any reason at any time. If you sign a second proxy and by chance both show up at the zone meeting the one with the most current date is the valid one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf proxy_open_close-_149.pdf (75.8 KB, 141 views)
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.