The Tree - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2005, 07:37 AM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i agree with the invisible tree thingy, had some experience with one of those myself.
The Dark Side:
Live In Fear Cause' We'll Always Be Here
DemonFrog is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Ok, this is fun, let me take a stab at it.

We all know that trees clean our atmosphere by taking in CO2 and releasing O2.

Well, with the unusual weather and resulting smog alerts, it's obvious the trees are seeing an increased source fo CO2. This, coupled with the recent humidity and rains results in an increase of this exchange previously unobserved.

The result? Unusually high windshear in the vicinity of trees... you aircraft was sucked into the vortex of mother nature's air cleaner.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

I landed in a tree once but I meant to. I was looking for a lost rocket

If ya deadstick three times just stomp on it...It's an easier death!
StevenHilton is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:39 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice
I am: Robert B

Unfortunately the theories put forward so far regarding trees and planes are flawed and have no basis in fact. In reality trees are magnetic. Like all magnets they have a North and South Pole. Typically in the Northern hemisphere the northern pole is in the crown and the Southern pole is in the roots. Aircraft flying north of the equator are positively charged which is why you can normally fly above trees without incident, the two positive charges repel, so your aircraft is not drawn into the tree. How many times have you flown over trees with no problems? The tree in question is an anomy or possibly a lightening strike has reversed its polarity, or worse yet perhaps it is bipolar.

Many reading this may scoff at my conclusion so I would ask them to explain the fact that at any field that has trees there is always one or two trees that attract an inordinate number of planes. They could be reversed polarity or more likely the dreaded bipolar version, safe one minute and very dangerous the next. In the extreme, these types of trees have been known to cause engine out or loss of control just prior to drawing the hapless model into there grasp.

At our field we tried cutting one of these devils down only to find it upset the magnetic balance of near by trees, and in fact it seemed to multiply the affect. This is not a force to be taken lightly…. In fact at one point in the clubs history we were called “The Dryden Tree Toppers” in an effort to appease the tree magnets. This offering was spurned by the tree magnets and they continued to consume planes. A subsequent name change did nothing to appease them. May be some day science will unravel the mystery surrounding magnetic trees but till then…………….bert
pipercub is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #15
Twin Turbine
RCC Apprentice

Helicopters to are not immune to the effects of these magnetic trees. On one occasion my heli came near one of these trees and seemed to loose power resulting in a stall turn right to the tree.

There have been thoughts through out clubs across Canada that perhaps some types of grass can be of this sort. Though this activity with lawns are found at spring.
Twin Turbine is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
C'mon, Pipercub, this is serious!!

Here we were just getting into the Bumpkin Science here and along comes the perfesser.... :P
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #17
Twin Turbine
RCC Apprentice

Everyones a critic.

Remeber, fly with humor or gravity will humble you.
Twin Turbine is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.