General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #31
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Colin J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If anything, the commercial will probably bring attention to the hobby - any maybe more club members, more maac members, etc. This is probably a good thing, in light of what we hear from the experts who say the hobby business is in a slump right now.
Colin Jensen
Regina Windy Flyers
cjensen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #32
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Graham S

Bad News... Becel

Complaint sent.

Graham is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #33
RCC Apprentice

I saw the commercial.

I despise how they make that "or maybe get some excercise" comment. As though getting out and flying a model airplane is somehow unhealthy!

ThePeej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #34
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
As I said in my last post on this subject, I did see the commercial and really guys, I think some of you are reading way too much into this silly thing!!!!

I mean, do you really think that it was meant to slight the whole RC community? Do you sincerely believe that the average person watching this commercial is going to think badly of our hobby?

I still think that whereas hardly anyone will think twice about it, by drawing undue attention to it, this could backlash and folks who hardly noticed it will go back to see what all the fuss is about and after all, your pointing out to them things they never considered or even thought of until you showed them!!!

So we end up being the ones drawing these issues to peoples notice and having them think as we are, yes it does show that these planes are dangerous as the pilot can't even control it and what the heck is he doing flying it in a public park???

Sorry, but this is the way that I see this possibly going. Just let it go and it will slip away into obscurity. Keep it going and soon everyone will be looking at this in an unfavourable way, as we ourselves are!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #35
RCC Apprentice

^With that said, I would never actually send a complaint to anyone at Becel. They had no ill will in making the comercial. The whole world is the same. I'm sure their's someone offended by EVERY commercial out there.

But I'm still gonna take the opportunity to bitch about it amongst my comrads!! It solidifies the bond between us to unite against this common evil!!

Funny, I recently switched to butter anyway, before having seen the commercial. After years of being a strong becel supporter!! hehe

Butter's Better!

ThePeej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:43 AM   #36
RCC Contributor

my feeling that your effort is better spent trying to change the publics veiw about rc aircraft there must be a reason this opinion has been formed

choosing profile names such as;;tree cutter/crashmaster etc do nothing to help these ads

coming from the sport of hanggliding im no stranger to these kind of threats ,,people are very quick to find every hole possiable in your current safetl structure

i might also add that many comments referring to hanggliding safety comes from rc flyers,,if i had a nickel everytime i heard these kind of comments,i would be a millionaire

my point is;; dont point the finger at other hobbies that you may feel is not to your liking unless your prepared to get a little backlash

time and time again ,common sence is the answer that i have been given when questionng some of the faults in rc safety so i would also assume that these people feel there is a lot of pilots will common sence in this hobby not unlike hanggliding

the only true differance is that people in high risks sports are very aware that they have to constantly prove themselves as being responsiable

i encourge you to have a look at these facts and surf around the net to see if you can find parachutist that call themselves;;deathwish or fumble fingers you get the idea!

think about it,,if you have ever slammed any other sport etc,then you deserve this treatment also

whats the saying;;; what goes around comes around!

no one is at fualt here and garry is rite by saying;;making a big deal about it only draws more attention to yourself

theres no place,like cloud base!
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #37
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Greg P

There is a large gap between hang gliding, bungee jumping, shark diving, base jumping, kick boxing, sword swallowing, bull fighting, motocross racing, free soloing and flying RC. It not only appears less dangerous, it is. Lets not play up the risk too much, we all realize it can be serious buisness.

Playfull names like treecutter have nothing to do with nothing. They are just a identifier for the user and should not be seen as more than that. Some of these forums sound like the Salem witch trials.

Ultra safe responsible flyer guy.
What goes up.
Seafury is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #38
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Re: Geronimo

Originally Posted by Seafury
Playfull names like treecutter have nothing to do with nothing.
I thought he was a lumberjack!
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 PM   #39
RCC Contributor

Holy blown out of proportion, Batman!
MAAC# 19744
AMA # 777559
waynek is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 AM   #40
RCC Contributor

Wow 38 replies... going on 4 pages of posts. All this for a TV commercial. I can hardly wait till something important happens.
Steve Hayes, MAAC 51896
4206'15"N 8305'40"W

Sun Parlor RC Flyers Tower Field
4210'13"N 8302'49"W

Ontario Adhesives
propnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.