General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Morison
I know at one time I could get adapters that were simply a short extention that changed the wires from the original Airtronics to the JR (common) polarity. I used MANY airtronics recievers with my JR transmitter.
If you use a non "Z" Airtronics Rx, just use older non-"Z" Airtronics servos and you can still use the JR Tx! Or as Kieth said buy the short adapter cable and you can use new JR or Hitec with JR ends on your older Air Rx!
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Stephen M

Total Props: 1
The model number of the reciever is the older ATX style (black and old style (not universal) plugs. You can get the short (about 2" leads) conversion leads for about $5 or so. Hobby Hobby in Mississauga carries them and they do mail order. Just make sure they know you want to use universal servos with old airtronics reciever.

I have used HiTec crystals with Airtronics recievers with no problems for years. They check out fine. I know a few JR only guys who use Airtronics receivers because they are dual conversion unlike the JR single conversion.

Madman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #13
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8
JR Servo to Airtronics Receiver

If your receiver will not take the JR connectors, here is a trick that I use.

I have an old World Engines Expert System, that uses the older connectors that plug into the receiver. I wanted to make the receiver compatible with JR servos. This is what I did:

Take the servo and cut off the servo connector that plugs into the reciever. This gives a plug and wires that will go into the receiver.

I then purchased a short JR servo extension cable (has male and female ends) and cut it in half. I then soldered the JR servo connector, onto the servo wires.

The other connector of the servo extension cable was then soldered to the lead that plugs into the receiver. This now becomes a conversion cable from the receiver to the JR servo connector.

Now I can plug JR servos into the conversion cable, which plugs into the receiver.

Make sure you have the wires soldered properly, that is, positive goes to positive, negative goes to negative, and signal goes to signal. If in doubt (some older airtronics have two black leads) go to the MAAC web site for the servo cable wiring.

Hope you find the above useful.

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.