Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #11
Cross Check
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave F

Total Props: 9
Building Time...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi All,

R/C scale combat is the most fun I can have with a model airplane.

I've got a Spad VII ready for WW1 and have wings started for an Ansaldo SVA-1. I'm increasing the span to 45in. or so to get the wingloading lower. At 4.5lbs my 42in span Spad could use a few more
I'm using my WW2 weary old Mag.25s for power. 10-3 APC props.

My Typhoon is ready to go. I'm converting two of my old Fulmar fuselages (5yrs old !) into Hurricanes. (I'm gonna Hawker those pesky Humber Valley Hawks next year ! ! ! hehehe) Three low time O.S.FX.25's, By Far the best combat engine.
I'm building 6 wings that will fit both planes. White foam with full depth 1/8th in. spars, cedar LEs and drywall mesh/packing tape covering.

I should be building out of coro like 98% of the pilots but I guess I am 'set in my ways' ! ( I gotta admit liking the way wood/foam vapourizes in a good midair ! hehehe)

Iceman, It's hard trying to describe how exciting a combat round is. I get an adrenaline buzz just thinking about 'Start Combat' ! When I get my fleet done I want to start on a D.H Mosquito... I've always wanted to build one.( I can imagine the adrenaline buzz at 'Start Engines' ! hehehe) To bad I forgot to bring the balloons to Kitchener !

Jim, I'm guessing close to 20 WW1s have been built in southern Ont. over the last couple of years. Only a few Matches so far... WW1 combat is cool ! It is much slower and alot of energy management to be in the right spot/time. ( If you saw my SpadVII flying at Kitchener, the engine was bogging rich for some reason and I could barely climb)
I'm hoping we can get the WW1s out to many FunFlys, scale events and Airshows for 2006.
I'm hoping to get to the July S.M.A.L.L event in Ottawa, and see the Museum too.

Propwash, That paintball rig is too cool ! Once you get a few pilots flying combat it gets addictive real quick. Then more pilots try it and...
Have a great time !

Back to the building board...

Take care,
Have fun,
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team

P.S. I hope to get some time to learn how to post pictures here.
Cross Check is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #12
Lawn Dart
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
heh heh

Hey guys,

I'm the guy who built that anti-aircraft weapon for the fun fly. It shoots about 10 rounds/second, alternating out the barrels left-right-left-right.

We had a blast with it! I'm going to join the combat ranks this year, under the guidance of Mr.Propwash2

Lawn Dart is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #13
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: jeff t
Radio of choice:
Specktrum DX18
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 3

Dave first you have to resize your file to a size that will fit on this site I went to and downloaded photo resizer lite it free and will do what you want here perfectly It is simple to use. good luck and hope to see some shots real soon
Green side is definitely not up
canadianice is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.