Which is Better? Zaggi or Slinger??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Andrew B

Total Props: 0
Which is Better? Zaggi or Slinger???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Give me your opinions??
Canadiank-9 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
RCC Noob

I actually won a zaggi at a funfly it flies good for a little electric plane
and i never had any problems with it but i have never used a slinger.
steve411 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
RCC Contributor

I had a zaggi for a year... loved it... only problem was the way I flew, I needed lots of power... NIMH batteries didnt supply enough current, so I used nicads which limit the mah capability=flight time.

I sold the plane to a fellow club member who used it for slope soaring, he LOVED it for that, used the power only when needed and used a small batt to keep weight down.

I dont know what kind of current a li-po batter can give but worth a try...
half the population have a lower than average IQ
plncrzy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
RCC Noob

I own one of each. The Zagi I left stock with the 1700mAh Nicad and brushed motor. It flew okay and docile enough. Cuban-8's were good on fresh batteries but performance dies out quickly. Enter the Slinger. Replaced the brushed motor with the Himax brushless equivalent, 2200mAh Lipo, nose weight to rebalance from the lack of weight a Nicad would have given me, and man can she go! Blew the canopy off twice, second time had to buy a new center piece since everything ejected, battery, motor and all. With some now common sense and throttle management, I have a great time flying this one. Plenty of power sustained over 12 minutes of flight 3/4 to full throttle, plenty of power to do plenty of cuban-8's and low fast fly-by's. Haven't flown the Zagi since I got the Slinger running on Lipo's.

My 2 cents worth.
rcnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.