How many planes do you have? Are they insured? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 AM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
You go, girl!!!

Kevin, I can think of worse problems to have!
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
I stopped counting some time ago.... now i just take a camera into the workshop every 6 months to snap a few pics.

My wife knows precisely what my hobby costs ... and she's happy about every penny. In her mind, I could be spending my time and money on far worse ventures.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:42 AM   #23
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
I probably should make a list of what I've got in the way of engines, motors and electronics; but the value of the planes would be hard to document, as it goes up and down on a monthly basis, depending on which is airworthy, and which is in a tray awaiting re assembly.
Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #24
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Steve B

Total Props: 1
My planes, oh my.....

Since my buddy John is always reminding me just how many planes I have, I might as well put the list up here for everyone else to see!!

Flying/Ready to Fly:
Seagull Models P-51 Voodoo, w/ OS 91 FS
GP Patriot, w/ piped OS 46 FX
DC F-20, w/ OS 46 FX
Legend 4 Pattern Plane, w/ piped OS 61 PF

Being prepped for Spring:
DC F-20, w/ piped Webra 61
GP Ultrasport 60, w/ piped Enya 60X
EZ Focke Wulf 190, w/ Magnum 46 Pro (unless I can find a nice 4-stroke for it)
1/4 Gee Bee R2, needs gas engine
Goldberg Ultimate, needs Saito 150

Other planes either in kit form or waiting for my attention:
1/4 Gee Bee R2 ARF
HoB 1/2A Stealth
Scratchbuilt Combat Hellcat
Scratchbuilt 60 Size Me-163
Scratchbuilt 60 Size Me-109
Scratchbuilt A-10 Warthog
Balsacraft Rapier Kit
GP Patriot Kit
Plans and wing cores for Lyka-Jet
Fibreglass Fuse and wing cores for Tiporare Pattern plane

Wow, typing all that out makes it seem like a lot more than what is in my basement right now!!! Did I miss anything John????
Safety Precautions: Do not touch the rolling airscrew in order not to be hurt!

I'd like to offer you moral support, but I have questionable morals!
Leadfoot is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #25
I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5
I was at work on Sunday and my in-laws came over for "TEA". Her father goes down to the workshop to see how it is coming(Just moved into a new house, My new workshop is the same square footage as our entire old house and this shop has the walkout basment) He has his smoke out in the garage and come back upstairs and anounces to my wife that I have just over 35 planes from kit form to finished and flying. Over 25 motors from 2 stroke 4 stroke and gasser. And alot of other stuff. SHE replied to him that I'm collecting for for my retirement(I'm 36). GOD I love this woman, She has never made a comment on my collection as I always keep the honey doo list very short and I'm a stay at home dad that can cook and clean.(Laundry at the moment). Although she did comment that as my previous workshop was outside the house and had models in a couple of places thus not realizing the size of the collection. But then she laughed after that.

flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #26
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

I was flying models long before I met my wife. Shes says it is who I am and she doesn't want to change me. There are times when she would prefer me to stay home and not go to the field but it is never a big deal. I spread my time out fairly. As far as the money goes, yeah it takes alot of money to play in this hobby, but you could be spending $38.00 (or there abouts) on a case of beer, with several cases a month it adds up fast. Not to mention the trips to the local watering hole. I know too many guys that do those things and to me it is far better to have your spouse stay in the basement building toy planes then to be frequeting such establishments. A friend of mine is into stereo's and music as his hobby. We were over at his place a while back and in his hobby room, I asked what he had purchased recently and his reply was nothing. His wife was in the room with us. I asked why he had not purchased anything lately and the reply was because there were things for the house or things for ..... you get the picture. My reply was, there will always be other things to spend your money on, you have to make it a priority to spend your money and time on what makes you happy. A house is a money pit, you can always spend more money on your house but there comes a time when you have to say enough. The I said you could be out at the local strip club "listening" to your music but instead you choose to be at home to do it, that should be a positive and incouraged behaviour because it could be a far worse situation. The guy called me and thanked me for what I said because it made his wife think about it and she realized she had a darn good guy as a spouse and needed to be a bit more attentive to his needs in this regard. Needless to say he had some money to spend after that. Don't get me wrong, she is not a control freak, you just lose sight of what is important sometimes and his attitude is that he likes to see her happy and puts her first.

As far as my list goes, I don't know where to begin. I have "some" planes and more on the way. Lets leave it at that...

I do have my personal property amount included in my policy for my insurance. I have not made a detailed list of the contents of my shop and I probably should do that as I am sure the insurance company would try to screw me despite having paid the premiums for the insured amount. Without the documentation they are not going to believe me.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #27
RCC Noob

If you really want to scare yourself, add up the dollars rather than the planes and misc over the period you were in this hobby and quickly sit down then!
rcnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #28
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
i can not stress the importance of insurance on your rc stuff..and the rest of your belongings.
i do fire and water damage restoration and i can tell you over the last 18 years of doing it i have see peoples lives turned upside down.i have seen people lose everything and not get it back because of no insurance.
if you were to add up the replacement cost it would blow you away.
i have only been into flying for about a year and my cost so far (EST)
would be around 4 grand.
picture and lists are a great idea but dont keep them at home or on your computer..make a few copys and give one to a close friend and put one in a safty deposit box.
in general as a policy holder your your insurance company in a dispute would have to prove what you didnt haveyou dony have to prove what you had.
but with a list it shows them and pictures it can make a claim very painless.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:08 AM   #29
RCC Contributor

boy, its interesting to note that although there are many who claim to have whole bassments full of planes and seem to have smoothed things over with the wife but still no-one at the field!!

mmm who`s fooling who?

theres no place,like cloud base!
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #30
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

My stuff was on charge last night and I am going to start packing the car right after I get off the computer, to go flying. How about you?
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.