RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #1
Alpha Piper
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
fixed mine!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was having trouble with my evolution 46.It would run great til u put it wide open,then in a few seconds it would become lean and starve for fuel and quit.It didnt matter if u set it lean or rich,same thing.Well a guy told me he knew of them having this probs with this engine and he was told if u took the baffle outta muffler it would fix it.I thought no way this would help,but figured id try it anyway,well now the thing works purr fect,who would hav thought.Well it worked for mine and I know Gary at Great Hobbies has done it a few times with success i am told.Dont know if there is anyone having the prob out there or not but if this helps,give it a shot,i didnt think it would work either
Alpha Piper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18mz
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 5
I have one that does exactly what your describing, runs great until you give it full throttle and then dies, spent dozen of runs adjusting it with no luck ........I'll remove the baffle and let you know. I'm a pro at dead sticks

Thanks for the tip

Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #3

Total Props: 1
It's always amazing how someone comes up with a solution like this. I guess Sherlock Holmes said it best:

When you've eliminated all the possible solutions, the only solution left is the impossible one.
or something to that effect.
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
evolution 46 Baffle plates

Hello Everyone:

Heard of this problem through a friend who was having the same problem as Piper. It would appear that the problem may lie with the company who is making these engine.
It would appear that the stamping press that makes the baffles could be wearing out a little and the press is not punching the edges of the baffles enough to allow enough air to pass through which would cause the engine to starve for fuel.

Hope this helps.
Marvin MacLeod
MAAC 73273

I fly this way so you will have something to talk about
peiviper is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.