Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8
Good Priced LiPo's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Last week I decided to order some LiPo's for my Brushless Formosa.

While taking the order, Barry at Hobby Wholesale, recommended I give some of the new LiPo's they are now carrying a try, they have been used by their staff and have had good results.

I decided to take a chance and give them a try. What I ordered was three 3 cell 11.1V LiPo packs. I received them today and the package states they are rated at 1400mAh 128g Max Cont. Amps - 25A18C / 280 watts. They are a little narrower and a little longer than 1250 or 1500 Kokams.

They are assembled in Canada, therefore the low price. The price was $49.99 ea. Canadian for each 11.1V 3 cell pack.

The name on the pack is Absolute Power. The shipping is free for MAAC members and I was able to call them on their toll free line listed in the MAAC magazine.

You may want to check out their prices on other size packs as well.

It seems like a good deal, and so I thought I'd pass it along incase someone else wanted to give them a try.

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6

What are you using for motor and prop?

cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21
I have a couple of these packs in the 2000 mah version 11.1v for my mini funtana. They held thier voltage for a longer time than the thunder power pack i had. Have lots of cycles on them now and they seem to be holding up fine. A good product for an excellent price.

On another subject, I see GWS has now released a foamy size outrunner brushless motor for under 25.00 Can!!! Even comes with the mounting bracket and prop saver. What a deal!!!

MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Donald

Total Props: 0
I can't find them on their website
"I'll hold your checkbook while you fly my helis"
ROT* is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Michael K

Total Props: 0
I didn't find the lipo pack at first either on their website ( Used their search with "lipo" then "battery" then "1400".

The first post referred to the brand as Absolute Power but the only one I found that was 11.1V (3S1P), 1400mAh and $49.99 was the "RTC" AE-LP1403K. No details though!

From the catagory listing General - Accessories - Batteries the manufacturer/brand called "APO" could be Absolute Power but the $49.99 pack is for a 3S1P 830 mAh pack.

MRK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 8
Battery prices, Formosa Motor

You will much better prices from Hobby Wholesale rather than ordering direct from the site - I think you will need to call them on their toll free number for the quote, ask for Barry, he's the one who told me about them and gave me the price.

On my Formosa I have a Mini AC Extreme 1215/12 brushless (older motor) with a MPJ-8000 5:1 gear box. The prop is a GWS 10X6 (square ends, not the slow flyer prop). It flys well on this combination.
At The Toronto Hobby Show last fall, there was a person at the ICare booth (located in Quebec) who has a Formosa, and recommended the RCer Revolution DIY (Do It Yourself) direct drive motor kit for the Formosa. He said winding it with 11 turns was a good fit - they sell the complete DIY motor kit with magnets installed. The nice thing about the kit is that you can always rewind it to suit your needs. I haven't built mine yet. You get the build instructions off the web site.

Hope this helps.

Wayne Miller
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #7
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 1

I don't own TP batteries but here are the specs for a 1320, The biggest difference is the weight. The absolute power packs seem heavy compared to TP

TP1320-3S 1320 mAh, 3 cells (11.1V), 16G wire, 4-pin balancer connector
Rating: 13C (17A) continuous, 20C (27A) burst
Dimension: 34mm x 65mm x 19mm

Weight: 85gm
Bryan Mailloux is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.