JR8103 setup help - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
JR8103 setup help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just bought a used 8103 and could use some advice on setting it up so it works well with my heli(I previously used a Futaba Skysport6ch so I am totally new to PCM) . I've got a Hawk III with a TT36 engine, a CSM 180 gyro and JR811 digitals. I've flown micro-electric heli's and became pretty proficient at hovering and some basic circuits so I'm not a totally green flyer. What I need is some advice on how to setup the various radio functions . Is there anyone out there flying a similar radio/heli setup that is about the same skill level, and wouldn't mind sharing their setup with me. Or an experienced flyer who would be willing to walk me through the setup process. I think this heli is pretty much ready to fly, I just want to make sure the radio is setup right, the first time.

Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait to get flying. I've got a feeling that this is going to be a great year!!

copeland69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Charlie G
Radio of choice:
JR 11X

What exactly do you need to know? The 8103 is a very user friendly radio, it won't take you long to figure it out (if you know anything at all about radios). Did you get the manual with it?
Charlie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: carlyle anderson

Do you have a pitch gauge? This is going to be crutial... As far as setting up the helicopter with a 8103, it is very easy, just as charlie said... Both of us should know, I use one, and I baught it off charlie.

You will need to go into the pitch curves and set up the correct pitch for each flying mode.

If you want some help, post more detailed questions. Another thing you can do is go to raptortechnique.com. It is a raptor web site, but will provide lots of useful information about setting up a 30 sized helicopter.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
you don't need CNC if you are handy with a torch.
Carlyle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Mike B
Radio of choice:
JR 9503

you may find the following useful

phattires is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
RCC Apprentice

I've got the manual, pitch guage and all that stuff. What is the correct pitch for each flying mode? Also my tail servo is jittery and I'm wondering if this is a radio setup problem and how do I fix it. I'll check out the links you guys have suggested and see if that answers my questions. My biggest problem is that I have no one to check my settings and see if my heli is performing like it is supposed to. My micro electric was easy to fly with almost no setup, the nitro's are more intimidating to setup(more moving parts & adjustments) especially when you're new to the hobby. Thanks for the tips.

copeland69 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #6
RCC Noob

Don't let the setup intimidate you Warren. Do some reading and take your time. A simple rule of thumb for the Ergo's are keep your servo arms at 90 degrees at neutral or half stick. Stick to a simple pitch curve of -4 degrees to about 11 or 12 positive depending on blade profile. Adjust your throttle curve to maintain rpm thru all pitch settings. Once you are comfortable and out of the hover mode then look at an idle up setting to maintain rpm in a descent. A good blade rpm to start with on the Ergo is about 1700 to 1800 esp with composite blades. A little less with the woodies.

If you can, get some guidance from a seasoned vet.
SWLloyd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.