Zenoha G-62 Question - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Large Engines Discuss Engines Used on Giant Scale Aircraft. Gas/Glow, as long as they're big!

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dave C
Radio of choice:
JR 9303
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 7

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Hurri: On your 1/3 pup try a zinger 24/8, works great. I have one on mine[G62,35lbs.] plane comes off the ground in about 4ft with no wind!
Has good performance in the air. Sorry can't recall the RPM, but is more than adequate!
Cheers, Dave.
Dave Collis
Pitt Meadows B.C.
maac 37241
mogman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
R Plante
RCC Contributor
I am: Randy P

Total Props: 2
You have to match your prop to the airframe the pup is a high drag slow flying airframe a 24x8 would be better on it . On a 3d style aircraft where you want fast throttle response I would go down to a 21x10. On my 30%Yak a 24x8 will hover just over 1/3 throttle but the response is slow so not good for bailing in a hurry . On a 21x10 throttle response is quick but hover is a bit over 1/2 throttle but it is a better choice for that type of airframe and flying style .

I have a wall full of props collected over the years some I use to find which one I prefer for different airframes engine combos.

Remember a g62 likes to rev a little higher than a DA ZDZ etc but it is just a matter of experimenting to find what suits your engine airframe combo. On your pup I would go with a 24x8 menz or biela I have never had to much luck with Zingers but the Zinger pro were better of the two and you will probably have to set your needles with prop changes to fine tune to the different prop loads .
R Plante is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #13
R Plante
RCC Contributor
I am: Randy P

Total Props: 2
Also was it a menz s or a menz ultra I prefer the s (standard ) over the narrow blade ultra
R Plante is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Zenoah G62

Thanks guys for the input . The menz is an Ultra . I have also an Avro 504K 9ft span , it too is a slow flyer as you mentioned , i have been using a menz 24-6 on it . will get a 24-8 also to try .I find the Zingers either 22-8-14 or a 22-6-10 do get the Pup flying well , take off as Mogman said "off in 4ft "
taildraggers fly best
Hurri is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #15
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Paul K

Total Props: 1
Thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for info to all who responded my G-62 question.It is much appreciated. Since all the feed back was positive regarding the ZENOHA I am going to run it as is with the spring starter and convert later if I think it is needed(it was already purchased)
This is my first gasser so I have to start somewhere. I have no idea about the ZDZ engines that were mentioned. I assume they are gas also. Can some one tell me more about them. A web site would probably be best.

Thanks again eveyone

PAUL K is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
G-62 Starting

I have to second Randy's comment on starting the G-62. Any that I've had do not need ignition systems or springs. KISS applies and the start is so easy with hand bombing that you won't go back to the weight of a spring or the hassle of ignition. Start it like you do a .60 slimer. There are three pickups on the flywheel, one of which is timed for the start. DON'T Flip it through TDC fast, put the choke on, open ther throttle and bring it to compression before flipping it. When it pops the first time take the choke off, set throttle to idle and do the same flip technique. Dead simple and no kicking back at all. Tex.
Tex Gehman, Winnipeg
Slime is Crime
Sabrejock is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.