Hitec Servo Programmer - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #21
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike s

Total Props: 9

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I found this on RCU. Send it in and they will update it for free.

"Press Release

May 16, 2005

Program Update now Available
for Hitec HFP-10 Servo Programmer

The V1.04 software upgrade is now available for the HFP-10 digital servo programmer.

Owners of the Hitec HFP-10 Digital Servo Programmer in North and South American are invited to send their HFP-10 units to;

Hitec Service Department
12115 Paine Street. Poway, CA 92064 .

The programmer will be loaded with the new software, and shipped back within three days of being received at the Hitec office.

Q. “Why would I need V. 1.04 software, and why was a new version created?”
A. The V. 1.04 software upgrade to the HFP-10 programmer was created specifically to allow accurate programming of later version Hitec Digital servos containing V.1.04 software.

Q. “ How can I tell what version of software is in my servos?”
A. There is a small rectangular sticker on all Hitec Digital servos stating what the software version is. Almost all Hitec Digital servos are V. 1.03.

Q. Is the V. 1.04 software in my programmer compatible with my V. 1.03 servos?
A. The V. 1.04 software is backwards compatible and will successfully program all previously released Hitec digital servos.

Q. “What is the cost of the Programmer upgrade?”
A. Hitec will do the upgrade for free and mail the HFP-10 back to you. All you must be responsible for is getting it to us."

The other problem I have ran into with Hitec digital servos is if you place 2 of them on a Y witha Futaba PCM receivor they won't work. They have to be sent back for a update.

Mike Sebastien
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #22
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Originally Posted by Mike Sebastien
The other problem I have ran into with Hitec digital servos is if you place 2 of them on a Y witha Futaba PCM receivor they won't work. They have to be sent back for a update.

Mike Sebastien
Yup Mike that's what I posted above. As I said Hiflight just replaced the whole servo. I was surprised though at how they shipped them back. I had gone to the trouble of bubble wrapping them and sending in a cardboard box. Cost for shipping was about $8.00.

When I received them back they had just put them rubber banded together in a bubble package mailler envelope and the shipping was about the same. I don't know why they just didn't send them back in the box I sent? I haven't tried them yet but think I will today just to make sure everything is OK.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #23
RCC Apprentice
I am: Scott N

Total Props: 0
Thanks Mike for the information on the HFP - 10 Programmer i will phone hitec on monday with number you gave Thanks.

rc.dude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.