Mantis - Pattern F3A 2m - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Mantis - Pattern F3A 2m

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am selling my last glow pattern airplane.

This NBEngineering Mantis EX was pro-built, covered (Ultracote), and painted by Nedim Bek in late 2003. It uses carbon lamiation extensively. The fuselage is a glass-foam-kevlar construction, wings are balsa sheeted foam. The one-piece wing is actually a two-piece wing (see pictures).

It was my primary airplane for the 2004 season, and my primary for the first month of the 2005 season. It was my backup airplane at the 2005 World Champions in France. It has approximately 500 flights. This airplane is very nearly as good as pattern airplanes get. I placed 18th at the 2004 US Nationals with it, and it is definitely capable of higher. The Mantis excels at constant speed flight due to relatively high drag, as well as knife-edge flight and maneuvers, due to its thick, airfoiled fuselage.

Pictures of the Mantis as I fly it: . It weighed in at 4.6kg as pictured in France.

Airframe with: linkages and control horns, Bolly landing gear, NBE wheel pants, DuBro fuel tank, NBE muffler mount, NBE axial dampening motor mount (like a Hyde mount), nose ring, remote glow, NBE bellcrank and carbon rod, 7/8" PBG CF wing tube... - $1500Cdn

Add servos: 4pcs JR 8401 (identical to 8411SA) + 1pcs JR ds3301 - $280Cdn

Add motor: YS 140DZ + APC props (3 new, 1 used) + CD header + Greve DZ muffler - $500Cdn

I have a wood box for this airplane that I could ship it in. This box safely transported the Mantis on two airplane trips: to Toronto, and to France. Including the box, shipping is $120Cdn anywhere in Canada or USA.

Adam Glatt
Saskatoon, Canada
306 373 0557

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread