Brokerage Fees - What ? When ? How ?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #1
Don M.

Total Props: 0
Brokerage Fees - What ? When ? How ??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I hear everyone refer to Brokerage Fees on items brought from the USA. I have ordered a lot of times from the US ( at least 10 in the last year ) and have never paid anything other than G.S.T. and $5.00 handling by Customs. One item was an $850.00 engine.

My question is, am I just lucky or are there only certain items you pay this fee on and how much is it ?
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
hifly2104
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Brokerage Fees - What ? When ? How ??

Usually occures when you have UPS ,FEDEX or another private carrier deliver your goods
USPS or Can POST will only charge the $5.00 fee plus taxes
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
50%300SFlyer
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 1
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

Old 03-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Don M.

Re: Brokerage Fees - What ? When ? How ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifly2104
Usually occures when you have UPS ,FEDEX or another private carrier deliver your goods
USPS or Can POST will only charge the $5.00 fee plus taxes

That explains it then. where I live the only means of delivery is Canada Post and Dog Team
Old 03-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #5
sivle
RCC Junior Contributor

Even the mailmen in Igloolik have to get their letters mailed to them.
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
sivle
RCC Junior Contributor

Just recieved my map of Igloolik ( ACTUAL SIZE)
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #7
Don M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivle
Just recieved my map of Igloolik ( ACTUAL SIZE)
Must be a big one. Igloolik is actually an island ( at least for 3 months ) and is about 10 miles square. The community is 1.2 km. from one end to the other and .5 km. wide.

I have tried to order things and some businesses refuse to send it because we have no street names only house #'s. Creates lots of arguments on the phone
Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M.

I have tried to order things and some businesses refuse to send it because we have no street names only house #'s. Creates lots of arguments on the phone
Like the small town I was raised in, only post office boxes at the post office, and many businesses refuse to mail to a P.O. box. Go figure!

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Don M.

I had a blast last year when my new Dell computer broke down and Tech Support couldn't fix it over the phone. As part of the package I had "in home repair service". I tried for days to explain to them that they couldn't come to my house to repair it. Finally in desperation I said go ahead send a tech. I'll put the coffee pot on. About 3 days later I get a call from Dell accusing me of some kind of scam and said I would have to pay airfare ( $3000.00 from Ottawa ) and time spent.

To make a very long story short I eventually sent it to them and in total I was 4 months without a computer. It cost them $300.00 each way for freight. They told me they would not supply me with anymore "in home service". I told them "I'll never buy a Dell again" Lots of fun.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #10
adaptabl
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M.
I had a blast last year when my new Dell computer broke down and Tech Support couldn't fix it over the phone. As part of the package I had "in home repair service". I tried for days to explain to them that they couldn't come to my house to repair it. Finally in desperation I said go ahead send a tech. I'll put the coffee pot on. About 3 days later I get a call from Dell accusing me of some kind of scam and said I would have to pay airfare ( $3000.00 from Ottawa ) and time spent.

To make a very long story short I eventually sent it to them and in total I was 4 months without a computer. It cost them $300.00 each way for freight. They told me they would not supply me with anymore "in home service". I told them "I'll never buy a Dell again" Lots of fun.
You get the same type of service when your in a big city. After you deal with the kid(or someone from India who is very hard to understand) who says you must reload the system recovery CD to fix your keyboard. They send a tech who shows up within a day or two of the time you were told. Then they have to order parts. what a nightmare it can be.
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in