ooops me broke my T-Maxx: Rear Bulkhead Questions - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss nitro RC vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
ooops me broke my T-Maxx: Rear Bulkhead Questions

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Yep - week old, and I dropped the rear end out of my T-Maxx - YIKES the stock rear bulkhead on the t-maxx bites - broke right on the bottom screw holes

Anyways any suggestions - been looking at aluminum ones - but not sure what to buy - liking some out of the US ( but not sure I want to bring some in - are the Traxxas aluminum replacements worth there money? As well there is a front/rear set on Ebay - anyone had any experience with these?

Welcome any suggestions or comments
drive it like you stole it.....
maddawg is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

buy the RPM bulkhead
rixxer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

I second the RPM stuff. Although aluminium sounds like the best solution, look at it like this, RPM is guarantied for life and it will not break. Aluminium is strong but the day will come that it will BEND and when that happens there is not unbending it. It is trash at that point. Now when it bends you will have your front or rear end parts still mounted to it and you will have to cut the aluminium up to get out the non broken parts as the hinge pins and bulk head are bent and will not just pull apart. Aluminium is very BLING BLING but not quite as functional as RPM stuff. Not to mention the ability to dye the white RPM stuff to your own color. I did this with my truck and it turned out excellent. This gives you the ability to custom color your truck like no one elses.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #4
RCC Noob

thanks guys - great information - I searched hi and low but can't seem to find RPM rear bulkheads for the T-Maxx 2.5r

any links to a website would be greatly appreciated - on the rpm website I can only find bulkhead braces - but cant see how this will help with where i broke my rear bulkheads - I snapped the two little nubs off the bulkhead where the shock towers get attached.
drive it like you stole it.....
maddawg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
RCC Noob

we had the same problems with a new t-maxx 3.3 bounced it off a rig tire and the a-arm snapped and took out the bulkhead , we ordered a complete set from a guy on ebay here in canada , made of alloy, wicked strong no complaints and the maxx is run hard

here is a current set offered for yours
fastandnasty is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.