Northern Ontario Open Scale Event NOOSE 2006 - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
and the comedy team of Abbot & Cost... No wait - we have the comedic stylings of Cec and Kev! Sorry whats a thread about NO without mentioning some mustard, a white shirt and... ???

Actually I didnt know there were that many of us in the north. Thats awesome! If we could get but 5% of the members (never mind the guys who travel from other zones like the majority that attended last season) we would have a KILLER event.

I will try and drum up some more attendees at our club. I ask the others do the same. Perhaps even two from each club???

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Fred Messacar
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 0

July 1st and 2nd we'll be in Newfoundland on a long awaited trip. I sure want to try and get there next year... How's that for planning ahead?

Fred Messacar
messacar is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #13
Caygeon Flyer
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Peter C

Total Props: 0
Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath
There arent that many scale contests in Ontario so fans of scale in S Ontario should be aware that highway 400 is now four laned to above Parry sound and Sudbury is only about a 3.5 hour sprint from the 401/400 area of TO.Ya,ll come.

I do not want to discourage folks from attending because this was a great event last year .... but folks from the south should be aware that travelling north on the Friday of a long weekend is likely to take a little longer than 3.5 hours. --- Depends on accidents, etc.
Last year we hit two holdups that added about an hour to the trip.

Travelling south on Sunday last year, after the event, was without difficulty as most of the traffic was on Monday.

Kawartha Lakes RC Flyers
Caygeon Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 5
Hi All

I would like to thank Dennis for his dedication in preparing and running the NOOSE last year, also all the participants, the members from GSM and many other clubs, who helped make this event a remarkable success. Now that our buildings are completed, we will spend most of our energy on ameliorating our runway as soon as the snow is gone.
If anyone is interested in helping us with this year's event, including judjing, please contact us.
Andrew, we were trying to point the fact that our event was a scale model event and we saw Brandon's picture taken last year, it all came together, I hope he's pleased with it.

Thank you everyone.
Gaston B.
Hanmer On.
gbjets is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #15
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Steven Daly
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

I like the new 15 minute time limit..Seeya there...
Steve Daly
MAAC# 14007
SteveD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

I asked 'the war department' for leave .... her response ; "CANADA DAY!!!!! NO WAY!!!!".

Sigh ... count me as a no show again this year.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.