I wanted to update everyone on some Klass Kote information that might be of interest.
My name is Gordon Currie and I am the Canadian Distributor of Klass Kote. Back in the fall, I advertised on the RCCanada.ca website ( with success ) and I have recently contacted Jason regarding a longer term advertising relationship.
What I wanted to do was address some posts where people asked about Klass Kote and specifically share some news that might be of interest. In point form:
- For those asking about the Hobby Shows and if we are attending, the answer is YES, but not till later this year and into 2007. We have been very busy setting up our business here and fulfilling orders. I love to travel and are planning trips as we speak. I can say there is a 95% chance I will be in Vernon, BC at the British Columbia Scale Classic in July 2006 with a booth / display and paint. We will be sponsoring prizes (which our US office is going to match-Yippee!).
- Many fellows have asked us if they can buy the paint from Hobby Shops - we support this 100% and are trying to get into Hobby Shops and get the word out. The challenge is that we can provide fair discounts to shops but we prefer a stocking order so that shipping doesn't kill us both. I want to work with Hobby Shops and so let them know we are very interested in touching base with them. We have a campaign planned for the very near future
- Many modelers ask about covering aircraft that have been covered in dope. Yes, our product will cover this with no problem. And the coverage is such that you don't need alot ( which increases the weight)
- Military Colors - We are working very quickly to provide military colors or at least the proper mixing ratios for FS colors (based on the M&M Model Products book that Frank Tiano ( and us ) sell. We get ALOT of call for this.
- We are going to be providing paint in smaller quantities in the coming weeks / months and that may be of interest.
- Nate, our US Klass Kote owner, was in Toledo and I expect in the next 1-2 weeks we will be announcing some very cool stuff. I couldn't get down as I was fighting some health issues (diabetes).
- As of April 20th, Klass Kote Canada will be expanding into providing Airbrushes, spray guns, compressors and accessories for modelers who require these products. We are big fans of IWATA ( thats what we use to shoot our epoxy paint - in addition to touch up guns). The site will be providing more information VERY SOON.
- We are updating our site FAQ's regularly as well as our product datasheets ( which contain information on drying times and coverage plus other tech details). We get lots of questions regarding paint coverage, covering butyrate dope, how to spray, mixing semi glosses etc.
- I sell the paint and process orders from about 8am till 11pm, 7 days a week. Our Greyhound leaves twice a day and I usually package orders minutes after getting the order. Its taking about 4-5 days to get paint across Canada (amazing really) and we can ship as well by Purolator. I wrap each can in heavy plastic and spend a junk of time packing for protection.
- Although I don't believe in comparing our product to others, I do want to say that ONE of our products strengths is its ease in sanding. That and its ability to bond. We are noticing some modelers writing us regarding competitors products who are noticing paint not bonding well or bad experiences sanding. Again, be careful and rely on professional modelers for advice.
- Most people don't know our product works on boats (all kinds) as well as Helicopters and other RC vehicles. Some of the boat modelers are telling us they like the hard finish on the hulls and the color choices.
- Everyday we get inquires about Klass kote working with HobbyPoxy and K and B poxy. Our product will work with these. Email us for more details.
- We are advertising in MAAC Magazine, Model Airplane News, Flying Models and a couple of other smaller magazines. I would like to be in more but they can be expensive. As odd as it sounds, if I have $3000 to spend on an ad, I would rather give away 4 - $500 prize packs of paint as well as $1000 in free paint at events. In Summer 2006 and this fall I plan to giveaway a PILE more.
I have more to share but would like to speak with RCCanada Admins first. Its a pleasure talking with many of you over the months. I have to apologize for not being more active, my time getting setup and handling orders came first. And dealing with a blood sugar that doesn't always behave made it challenging. But, I have staff helping me and I have made a significant investment in the business that will benefit our customers in coming weeks and months.
As always, safe flying and keep in touch!
Klass Kote Canada