Engine Troubles :( - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Engine Troubles :(

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
dont know if this is the right section, but here goes

Details are, Hyper Mach.28
just about 3 quarts of fuel ran thought it, no problems at all until now.

A little over a week ago I ran out of fuel, so I had to wait until I got a day off to make the drive to the hobby store ( 4 hours away, haha) to pick up some more, So I picked up a few quarts of the same stuff I was using.
the next day, I fill up my tank, warm up the engine a bit with a hair dryer ( I read that makes for easier start ups ?) and primed the fuel lines.

Attempted to start and it just simply wouldn't run, so I checked over some things, glow plug, plug ignitor, fuel, and so on, all seems fine, but for the purpose I put in a new glow plug.
and again, it still wouldn't run, so after 20 minutes of pulling it finally grabbed and started, but only ran for about 10 seconds and died off again.
when it did run, it sounded normal like it always did, but it just wouldn't stay going, so I pulled it over again it managed to get it going again.
this time is stayed at idle, however, after letting it idle for a few seconds, i started to blip the throttle, and nothing happened, the easiest way I can say it is it did not rev up.
the throttle was opening, I was watching it open, but the motor was doing nothing.
almost as if it was "bogging out".
so I killed the engine and started to look at things, everything looks ok, added yet another brand new out of the pack glow plug, checked all the fuel lines, check throttle operation along with the needle settings.
all seem fine, no leaks, no changes, working good.
so again, its a nice day, I attempt to go out and bash for a while, nothing, it literally took me 30 minutes just to get it to start and idle, and again, as soon as I attempt to open the throttle, she dies out.

I'm lost, still fairly new to this.

Any ideas on what I could check, adjust or cause this ?
buggy was working great up till now

one thing I did change, perhaps this is the answer to my problem, I don't know. When I picked up my fuel I also picked up new glow plugs, I changed from the Ofna plugs that came with it to the Mccoy MC8 as were reccomended to me by some people on here, would changing plugs give me troubles like this ? if so, how would I correct the problem ?

incognito is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jim O
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 50+

engine problems

I'd guess BAD fuel all other things being equal
I don't think it is the plug
But on my AE12 anytime I have problems it always comes back to a bad fuel problem
Nitro is not very stable over time
A gallon of 30% in a year might be 15%
Just my observation I could be wrong
But to be sure try the old plug that way you'll know for sure if it's the new plugs

Just remember if it's got spark and fuel only two things can happen it will run or blow up LOL
An airplane is safest in the hanger but thats not what they were built for!!!!!!!!!
monctonrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
RCC Noob

hey, I tried new fuel, I even tried another brand new bottle just incase for some odd reason the other bottle was "bad" or old.
still no change.
I also tried the old plugs, and again still no change.

Ive checked the fuel lines, needle settings, carb for dirt, air filter, glow plugs, just about everything i can think off.

incognito is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

I am not sure if this would help. Take a fuel line off the carb and blow through it to see if there is an obstruction. May be partial but it sounds like you get enough fuel for some idle but not enough to rev it up. If you havn't taken anything apart and all the screws are snug sounds like you need more fuel.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

Try re adjusting needle valve again, it could be starving and not enough fuel is going into carb, as John mentioned in above post try that also, good tip.

It would also bogg out if needle valve is too much opened, try leaning it if that the case....

Do sign the petiton. www.canadiansuperconnie.org We could Save our Connie CF-TGE, We still have chance, Once gone we will lose our History and Heritage forever....
Concordefan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: marc.c
Radio of choice:
hitec a9,jr 9303
# of RCs: 20

check to make sure your clunk is not stuck toward the front of your fuel tank.if your fuel line is bent forward your fuel supply will be reduced .just my two cnts.

life begins under 10ft and ends at ground zero.
fly it like you hate it.
troy built sponsored pilot.
cambrain rc flyers
3dflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.