Warning Rip-off at work - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Harsh! Maybe .

But when concerning money there is always someone trying to scam..

That is why we have courts..so to speak!

I am upset over the loss by the theft .. But if I yell loud enough maybe it will sink in the next tme.. and to help prevent a loss again somewhere'
or a bigger loss.
Harder lessons are learned faster and stick better.

I didn't say fun ..just hopefully effective.

Just a few posts back I had a suggestion to make mandatory location and certain info..This was why...Trying to help...Easier to ID the criminal
as I dont know if the sight uses IP tracking or not..?????

As we can all register a new user name the only way to track is IP ADDRESS/they cant easily change that!!

99.99% of the people here are just great as a community and as always there is just one piece of sh@t that tries to frig it up//
I hope we can stop the freak or freaks...t.
Have a great day!!!
popcan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #12
Tail Dragger
RCC Apprentice

Give him the boot?

I'm new here so I am not sure how this works. BUT.
If it is proven that he ripped someone off should RCC not give this guy the boot and anyone else using the same IP address?

Just my opinion.
Tail Dragger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8
A tip I was given by another forum (Motorcycles), was to see what type and how many post a seller had.... If they were just there to sell stuff to be careful... I recently tried to buy a G3 sim and he only had 4 posts (all of wich were stuff for sale) and he would only take Pay-pal... Well the RED LIGHTS WENT ON and I steered clear... But someone else didn't...
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #14
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Scott

I don't think making location and other information mandatory is actually useful because if the person is going to scam someone, I doubt any of the information would be real.
I never crash...I land with style!

Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by Fodder
I don't think making location and other information mandatory is actually useful because if the person is going to scam someone, I doubt any of the information would be real.
Quite right. Paypal is a favourite of all sorts of scum-butts/bunnies/bags who want your hard-earned money. If you paid through PayPal, you can complain.

One of the RCGroups threads (got moved from the Aircraft/For Sale thread elsewhere on the site) suggested that if the time limits have not passed, you go to the Paypal site and report the seller as "item not received" rather than "item received damaged" -- for some reason, they will definitely react to the former.

Problem is that if the seller is smart, they may have several accounts and open and close them on a regular basis to avoid just that.

If you have the address of the person, you can always contact the post office and talk "mail fraud", or call their local police department and talk to the fraud squad over what you should do.

One suggestion is to go to YOUR Small Claims Court and file a claim. If they don't show up, decision is yours and you file a lien on their property. Credit checks will show it as a BIG RED FLAG until it gets removed. Sale of the property can't proceed without you getting paid.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #16
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Babak
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: >10

It is very disturbing if we think someone wants to rob us every time we do a trade in the RCCANADA or anywhere else.
I have numerous positive memories in dealing with RCCANADA members and I really donít want to change it because one mislead individual spread his net here.
I remember receiving free plan and engine parts from people because I just asked for them, even they paid postage without looking for any favor from my side.
I remember some one send me two 4cycle engines and asked me to try them and if I liked them then I can send the payment to him.
Also when someone asked members helps to donate any type of RC equipment to him because he working with some troubled kids, I sent him some stuff free of charge as well as many other people and never considered it may be a scam.
I am sorry for the Stickflyer, and others who experienced some type of scam, but still big majorities of the people in RCCANADA are honest people who insist keeping this site a pleasant location for sharing their taught and trades.

bavl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
RCC Contributor
I am: Kevin L
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14SG
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
After some searching I have found an address for this individual.

Lionel Castle
210 Upland Dr
Regina, SK S4N 0A1

All I can say is that it's lucky for him I live several thousand KM's away.
Any RC guys in Regina know this individual?
stikflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

Holy crap...Hope its the same Lionel or you just posted some inoccent guys address.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #19
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

It seems strange that a crook would post his real name.

I looked at this characters posts, and there are exactly 0. Seems strange. I've only dealt a couple times with people on here, mostly as a buyer, and being new to the communitee at the time, as I was mailing my MO out, I was prepared not to get it back. Fortunately for me I did receive the items. Everyone I dealt with had a ton of posts (I could tell they were active modellers) and had positive feedbacks (helps alot). The one guy I have dealt with who was "new" I was able to meet with in person, and I will not hesitate to deal with him again.

This is not a bad communitee, there are just a few make it crappy.

I'm sorry this has happened, and hopefully will cause everyone to use a little more caution.

I hope it works out in the end.

Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:46 AM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 18

rip off

Retired 10 years now, and still learning lessons of life! A good friend in the car industry once told me: "Wherever there is a dollar, you are bound to find a crook!" Truer words were never spoken. It has changed my outlook for sure. Good luck getting your money back!
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.