Nicds for sale: GP 1400mah - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Electric Gear Post your electric gear for sale here. Electric motors, batteries, ESCs, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Nicds for sale: GP 1400mah

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have a bunch of Nicd GP 1400mah. They come in packs of 6 cells, all welded steel tabs between cells. But they can be "cut" to separate them into pairs of 2 cells. At the end of each pack is a "resistance film" which can be cut off. I am guessing they limited the current that passes through, not sure though.

They are from old old cell phone battery packs when they used large "A" cells, which I had in a box. Besides their long time in storage, these are NEW. They have never been used, they were in molded plastic cases and clear heat shrink wraped, so NO WAY the packs were used.

Recently, I removed the cells from the cases. I have cycled some of them to check the quality, and they appear to be good. They will need a good recharge/ discharge cycling like 5-10 times to regain full use (if using 1C charge/discharge). These cells can be separated into pairs of cells. And after that, test them out on the bench prior to using them.
But, I have to also note, use these at own risk. I have not tested how long it can hold a charge. If used in flashlight or to listen to music on radios, and other applications, it may be safe. (remember these are "A" size batteries)

Some info:
-GP140AFK types.
-"A" size
-17mm x 50mm
-flat tipped
-33 grams/cell
-discharge of upto 3C. (4200ma = HOT temp.) (maybe not for motor use)

Asking $0.75/cell + shipping

All 84 cell lot, asking $60 + shipping

I can answer any questions if needed. Ask about shipping cost since it depends on location. They will have "delivery confirmation".

MO, cheque, PAYPAL, or email Bank money transfer.

I also cell heat shrink tubing if you wish to reduce shipping cost for both.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nicd1400package_565.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	16251   Click image for larger version

Name:	nicd1400_463.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	16252  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
I havent checked the duration to which it holds a charge, but they can be used in ordinary applications like flashlights or receiver packs (use at own risk).
Closed Thread